Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

adoption blog post

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM
  • 7 Replies

I forgot Luke's adoption anniversary...was it a good thing?

My ponderings....

http://raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-forgot.html

Carla Raley, wife of Bill, mom of 10, foster mom of more than 50
Visit my blogs for stories of the life of an older mom raising a large family, foster/adoption and homeschooling
http://raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/

http://bookreviewsbycarla.blogspot.com/

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DJAKoala
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:31 PM
What beautiful slideshows. You have an amazing family.
My oldest son Matthew was Adopted May 2,2005. So he has a Adoptaversary coming up.
Never to late to celebrate your family.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM
It's interesting that the kids didn't bring it up either... Adoption must be less on their minds as well? From what you've shared of Angel-Leah, I think she would have said something if she was thinking about the adoption day. Maybe not, since I don't actually know her! :-)

Thanks for sharing, Carla. I always enjoy reading your blog, and hearing the thoughts of someone who is much farther down this adoption road.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raleyfamily
by Carla on May. 1, 2012 at 10:33 AM

No, the kids NEVER remember it's adoption anniversary day.  It was always me!

meam4444
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I love your thoughts.  And, your children are all so adorable.  Beautiful montages.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Carla, you have such a beautiful family.. I have also forgot Conner's adoption day, it has been 6 years now. Where the time goes, i don't know. I think we forget because they are our children. No matter how or why they came to be our family. Love is blinding, it can block out the sun. you love for  your children block out that they are adopted because you love them soo much. I think every day with our families are a celebration.

love hugs and prayers.

EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM
bump

Ms.Gwen
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I grew up in a family with 7 kids. One was a step and 5 adopted. We never celebrated our adoption anniversary but it sounds like a great idea! I think though in a sitch like my family with so many adopted kids that maybe a 'family anniversary' celebrated on the day of the last adoption/ when our family was complete might be more economical. Maybe that's why there's a national adoption day? That way we can celebrate it all at once? I sent my mom a cookbook I made with all our family recipes for adoption day this year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)