Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they are moving the baby :/

 In Feb, I posted about taking in my cousin's baby. Well, her sister decided last month she wanted to have custody of her. And they told me today they are going to move her there in the next couple of days. She is completely unstable, new boyfriend every other week. She gets foodstamps to support the two kids she has but she's at the bar 4 nights out of the week. Baby's mom is a twin and is living with her also. So, she has a 16 year old, her two boys (grade school age) and her latest boyfriend of two weeks that lives there and they are "engaged" now. There is no legitimate reason for them to uproot this poor baby again. In her 5 months of life, she's lived in the children's shelter with her mom, then by herself and with us. She's been with us the longest. Just when she is finding stability and a routine, they decide she should be moved to this chaos. They are still waiting on the County Director to approve it. That is out of the ordinary. Evidently, some charges showed up on her background check that policy says they have to get higher approval to place a child there. That should tell them something. It's not like the baby needs to be moved. We did not ask for her to be moved. We love having her and I honestly feel like we are more stable than this aunt. But, because she's the mom's sister and I'm just a cousin, they feel like she should be moved. Stupidest reason I've ever heard. They aren't even going to allow her to supervise visits so what's the point? They still have to be done by DHS. The family told me they plan on ignoring that and I have made that known to DHS. And they wonder why people don't want to foster and things happen to kids. They don't listen when people warn them!

by on May. 4, 2012 at 4:36 AM
Replies (11-12):
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM

 This is heartbreaking. :(

by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I tried to compromise with the grandma and aunt today: let her keep living here and they can still take her for overnights and visits during the week. This way, she doesn't have to go to daycare and we can still make sure she is ok. They said no way. I will keep her if they ask but I'm thinking they are going to "Abuse" it and she will still be over here most of the time but we will have no say. I guess at least if she's here we know she's safe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN