Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Mothers Day!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:53 AM
  • 12 Replies
What will you be doing for the birthmother of your children?

Ive created a new scrap book for her and added a few keep sakes (hand paintings ect )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Sadly nothing...we have no contact since our daughter is adopted from China. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

AdoptingMommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM
:( im sorry. Maybe you could find your own special way of celebrating (doing something traditional from your dd birth country) make ut unique:)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM
What a lovely idea, I'm sure she'll appreciate that.

We are currently in a no contact time period, so we don't have anything planned... (Foster care adoption.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Awe thats ok! Like I told mom in the previous post, Even though its mothers day maybe make a positive memory for your kiddo:) Ya know what we do, is we will show her memory books and maybe she puck the dessert for her a gift:) Idk I love to celebrate:)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

What a lovely idea, I'm sure she'll appreciate that.

We are currently in a no contact time period, so we don't have anything planned... (Foster care adoption.)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM

bump!

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 7, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Quoting AdoptingMommy:

:( im sorry. Maybe you could find your own special way of celebrating (doing something traditional from your dd birth country) make ut unique:)

Quoting mcginnisc:

We already celebrate her heritage a lot...she is going through some issues right now that we think stem from her adoption so we are trying to stay low key these days in regards to her adoption. She is grieving for the first time in 5 years and it is spilling into her daily life in a major way. I know my husband and his brother are conspiring about Sunday for myself and my SIL...I am not sure what they have planned though as they are being hush hush about it. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

seaniesmommie87
by on May. 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Sadly, we are not doing anything for our birthmother. We are not on speaking terms at this point. Although, I have thought about sending her a card.

feralkitten
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:10 AM

we have mother's day in the uk and i don't do anything . its my day lol

i think it hard not ever bm is nice or  deserves stuff . i also think there time where its a family members  that it maybe just sending the wrong signals to send a mothers day gift as it will just confuses the bm that the are the mother ect

but in some open adopshons its a good thing

ljnnmommy
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Nothing I don't have contact with either one of my daughters birth moms at this time for safety issues. They were both adopted from foster care.
AdoptingMommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:04 PM
Im gathering that our relationship is much different. We had a private adoption and we love her! She parents 4 children and is an amazing mother and she is a great person all around. Our dd has had medical issues and she has went around the world to get answers from her family as far as history.
She never steps on our toes always has called me mom and I hoped others shares the great relationship:(

Quoting feralkitten:

we have mother's day in the uk and i don't do anything . its my day lol

i think it hard not ever bm is nice or  deserves stuff . i also think there time where its a family members  that it maybe just sending the wrong signals to send a mothers day gift as it will just confuses the bm that the are the mother ect

but in some open adopshons its a good thing

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)