Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

MOTW... harmony7!

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM
  • 45 Replies

This week's Mom of the Week is... (5/7 - 5/13)

To get started...

What is your name?

How many kids do you have, and what are their ages?

If you're a member of the adoption "triad", what role are you? (Amom, bmom, or adoptee?)

If not, what has been your experience with adoption?

Do you have any pets?

What are your hobbies?

Any group member can add to this post by asking your questions for harmony7, and she will be stopping by to answer them throughout the week. This is our chance to get to know another group member just a little bit better. :)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM

What do you love most about being a mom?

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:08 PM

what is your favorite music group

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

What do you like most about living in the south?

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

harmony7
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM

To get started...

What is your name? Pam

How many kids do you have, and what are their ages? Nathaniel is 31, Zachary is 29, Jillian is 26, Benjamin is 24, Seth is 22, William is 18, Garrett is 16, Jonathan is 15, Joseph is 13 and Paul is 11. ...and we have two grandsons Elijah ..22 months and Jonah is 1 week.

If you're a member of the adoption "triad", what role are you? (Amom, bmom, or adoptee?) I am an adopted mom of three children from foster care...my younger three boys moved in with us two years ago.

If not, what has been your experience with adoption?

Do you have any pets?...a lot... I raise and show dogs. I have dogs that I co own all over the country but at my house I have a European Import Boxer Hannah, her daughter Mia, and my new show puppy boxer Chloe. I have an aussie I show Posie and I have a new aussie pup coming this summer. I also have an older aussie who is retired Dance. We have two rescues a Great Pyr named Merriq and a rat terrier Penny. We have three cats..Cat, Rascal and Le Lu. Two horses quarter horses Dixie and Norma Jean...and thirty chickens.

What are your hobbies? Raising and showing the dogs, dog training, riding my horses, reading and my vegtable garden and cooking.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
harmony7
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Quoting meam4444:

What do you love most about being a mom?

I love those snuggle moments when chubby hands want to be held and now as they are older I love the times my boys slip up behind me and whisper..I love you Mom....

Pam in Alabama
harmony7
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Quoting aprilz1225:

what is your favorite music group

Jars of Clay...Jeremy Camp....My Epic

We listen to contempary christian music about 24/7 around here.

Pam in Alabama
harmony7
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Where is your favorite vacation spot?

Love Love the Outer Banks ...Avon and Buxton at Thanksgiving when the beaches are empty and the trout or running up and down the coast with the dolphin chasing them.

Pam in Alabama
harmony7
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

What do you like most about living in the south?

I like the small community feel no matter where you are. I like the simple solid values of the Bible Belt..where until an outsider steps in our kids still sing Christmas Carols for the school concert, where yesterday it was old spirituals, where the kids still gather in the middle of the wrestling mat and pray together before the meets. Where the largest club is the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Wednesday night youth groups are busting at the seams. I love having someone wave at me when I pass them on the road, the yes mams and no mams no matter how old or how young you are, the slow pace of life, Sunday dinners on the grounds at church and decoration days for the cemetaries. I like my personal freedoms of not having to ask anyone what I can or cannot do on my property and my Low Taxes...

Its just home...

Pam in Alabama
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Follow up question... Have you always lived in AL? :-) You sound like you really love it there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)