Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 5/8

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

Are you little ones involved in extracurricular activites? 

Lilly has been involved in Martial Arts for a couple of years now. She is a Purple/Blue belt until her test next month and then if she passes she will be a Blue belt. She is going to start the Children's Choir at Church in the fall and she goes to AWANA on Wednesday night. 

So far, Karli is only involved in AWANA...she will be starting Karate in the fall when she turns 4. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 8, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Not yet. He's technically old enough for t-ball, but we decided to wait one more year. We're really excited for fall soccer, though!

My son is 4, btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harmony7
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:41 AM

My older boys and daughter played Little league baseball and basketball until the older boys aged out at 18. My daughter played baseball until she was 12 and then started playing softball and volleyball. In 8th grade she began soccer and played through college. She also took voice lessons and piano. Those three were involved in theater growing up as well.

Younger boys played soccer and wrestled from the time they were 3 until they aged out or are still playing. The 16 and 18 year old play club soccer as well as school and AYSO. The younger boys play AYSO and wrestle. 18 year old is very involved with piano.

The 13 year old takes horseback riding lessons as therapy and he is in choir and theater.

Busy boys and girls cant get into trouble..they dont have time :)

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
proudmomalexis
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Alexis does adaptive yoga and karate. plus she does swimming class in the summer. She has been begging me to do judo but we just cant fit it in. Alexis is an advanced orange belt and just took part in a karare competition

meam4444
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM

The two older girls do dance.  This summer, we plan on having them do swimming lessons. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Not yet. He's technically old enough for t-ball, but we decided to wait one more year. We're really excited for fall soccer, though!

My son is 4, btw.

I understand...we wonder if Karli will be ready for Karate in August...she is not as mature as Lilly was at this age....

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 8, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Quoting harmony7:

My older boys and daughter played Little league baseball and basketball until the older boys aged out at 18. My daughter played baseball until she was 12 and then started playing softball and volleyball. In 8th grade she began soccer and played through college. She also took voice lessons and piano. Those three were involved in theater growing up as well.

Younger boys played soccer and wrestled from the time they were 3 until they aged out or are still playing. The 16 and 18 year old play club soccer as well as school and AYSO. The younger boys play AYSO and wrestle. 18 year old is very involved with piano.

The 13 year old takes horseback riding lessons as therapy and he is in choir and theater.

Busy boys and girls cant get into trouble..they dont have time :)

Busy!!! 

I was busy as a teen so I was never in trouble, so I can definitely see your point on that one! I was in Band, Chorus, Marching Band, County Orchestra, Science Club, Literary Magazine, and I had a job! Add in Heath and I was never home my junior and senior years of HS. I still managed to graduate in the top 10% of my class too out of 350 kids. 

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Quoting proudmomalexis:

Alexis does adaptive yoga and karate. plus she does swimming class in the summer. She has been begging me to do judo but we just cant fit it in. Alexis is an advanced orange belt and just took part in a karare competition

I keep trying to get Lilly to take part in a competition and she has no desire... I told her she will need to starting in the fall since she will be a red belt by December and will be going into the 7-12 year old class with the HUGE kids. My little peanut will have just turned 7 and these kids are about 4x her size. I told her since she is going for her Black belt she will need to do competitions anyway. 

Claire

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Quoting meam4444:

The two older girls do dance.  This summer, we plan on having them do swimming lessons. 

If Karate doesn't work out for Karli, I might see about swimming for her. Lilly is a fish, so she doesn't need them, but Karli is still learning. We'll see how the summer goes in FL. 

Claire

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:06 PM

cub scouts and wants to play rugby like daddy did in college.  I grew up on rugby so i think it would be good. I just don't like the "over involved" parent (s) who think that kids are already in the Pros. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 8, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Oh yeah, we do swimming lessons. I guess that counts though I think if it as more instructional than recreational... Kind of like library story time, which we attend weekly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)