Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Getting A "Real" Job...Sigh...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm venting...so please feel free to ignore.

Since the IRS, Senator and the tax advocate don't seem to feel the need to actually refund us our adoption credit I've decided I need to go back to work at a "real" job.  One that doesn't pay me just on a commission basis, and one that I can do at night so I don't need to worry about day care--one very real reason why I needed to be a SAHM.  Sigh.

I'm so frustrated by the whole thing and hubby and I are arguing about it all the time because I'm so frustrated.  We need to finish paying off the attorney and can't do that if I'm not working--and I really dont' want them to reposess my kid.  LOL.  So I'm going to be applying for jobs today. 

Ok, vent over-feel free to tell me to put my big girl panties on and stop complaining!

by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Replies (11-15):
jen1130
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 9:39 AM
We are still waiting to pay 2010 taxes due to them being investigated due to someone stealing DH ss# and getting a return. Kind of funny nothing on that return was the same at all as the last 25 years of returns but they paid it out! Now we have to prove who we are!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danssugarbabe
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:48 PM

We got the same letter and some of our refund like 4,000.00 but we are praying and hoping for the rest.  I think it takes them longer to look at the stuff that they requested from us.  When we adopted Shaleigh in 2006 we didn't have to send anything in and all of the sudden last year we had to send in the adoption decree.  Not a big deal but for 4 years they paid us without any trouble.  Of course they only paid us 2,000.00 a year for 5 years not like this year where they pay you the whole adoption credit in one lump sum.

jen1130
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM
It is pretty sad that because so many people will lie cheat and steal every one has to jump hoops over and over for some : (

Quoting danssugarbabe:

We got the same letter and some of our refund like 4,000.00 but we are praying and hoping for the rest.  I think it takes them longer to look at the stuff that they requested from us.  When we adopted Shaleigh in 2006 we didn't have to send anything in and all of the sudden last year we had to send in the adoption decree.  Not a big deal but for 4 years they paid us without any trouble.  Of course they only paid us 2,000.00 a year for 5 years not like this year where they pay you the whole adoption credit in one lump sum.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by on May. 11, 2012 at 3:22 PM

We got our "regular" portion long ago-it's the adopiton credit we're waiting for-of course like your $3000 doesn't go far!

Malley
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)