Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Hi I am not a adoptive parent. I am a adoptee :)

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hi, I just wanted to say hello to you all and I want to take time to THANK YOU All for even thinking of Adoption.  It is so nice to see people that are adopting and not scared to do this.  I for one am a child that was abused and taken from my Birth Parents.  I was placed in Foster Care at age 5 and legally adopted by a family of 4 at age 7 on today 8.  I am so blessed to have had this family to save me and give me second chance at life...  SO THANK YOU ANYONE THAT DECIDED TO TAKE THIS STEP ON!  You are apprciated.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
harmony7
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM

You are so welcome the group! I am a mom of three adopted boys from foster care ages 11, 13 and 15. They have been with us for two years now. It is tough at times and wonderful at others but they are always loved.

Thank you for sharing!

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
Mom2be360
by on May. 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM
You are very welcome I and my husband thinking of adoption and just trying to findout what's the best age because we disabled but wannabe parents but the doctor told us I can get pregnant but its very high risk including death my and a baby I would have in my womb. But God gonna bless us some kind of way

Quoting glen34:

Hi, I just wanted to say hello to you all and I want to take time to THANK YOU All for even thinking of Adoption.  It is so nice to see people that are adopting and not scared to do this.  I for one am a child that was abused and taken from my Birth Parents.  I was placed in Foster Care at age 5 and legally adopted by a family of 4 at age 7 on today 8.  I am so blessed to have had this family to save me and give me second chance at life...  SO THANK YOU ANYONE THAT DECIDED TO TAKE THIS STEP ON!  You are apprciated.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Welcome to the group!  It is so nice to hear from your perspective.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 10, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome, I'm so glad you're here! I hope you'll share your perspective with us in other adoption topics. It's so great to hear from adult adoptees. Thank you for sharing your story.

My husband and I are adopting our 4yo foster son who was placed in our home when he was 2 & 1/2... Hopefully by summer's end we'll be done with the process!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doodlebopfan
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Welcome! We adopted our son through foster care a few years ago. I would love to hear more of your story! :)   

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome. to our group. can't wait to get know you

raleyfamily
by Carla on May. 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I have adopted three from foster care to add to my seven bio kids.  I would love to hear your story, too!  Was it your foster family that adopted you?

Carla Raley, wife of Bill, mom of 10, foster mom of more than 50
Visit my blogs for stories of the life of an older mom raising a large family, foster/adoption and homeschooling
http://raleyfamilysfarm.blogspot.com/

http://bookreviewsbycarla.blogspot.com/

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

glen34
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Thank you for the Wonderful Welcome to your group. I am happy to be here.  I am 40 years old well soon to be.  I was taken from my Birth Parents at the age of 5 due to my Mother Abusing me Physically and Emotionally.  My mom signed me over to CPS and relingished her rights to me as well as my father.  I had two sister's.  One that was 3 years younger them me and one that was a year older then me.  I lived in and out of Foster Home's for up until I was 7.  At age 7 a family took me in.   It took me so much to get along with my Adoptive mother due to the abuse my mother did to me.  I had no trust in women.  Honestly to this day I still do have that problem.  It was a crazy road I traveled but I kept God Close and my Faith High.  I thank God for taking me out of a bad situation and giving me a second chance on life.   Many times  I would want to just run away...  I would tell my adoptive parents very mean things but I was young and had no clue what was going on.  Today though all I can say is Thank you for taking me on!  If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.  I am on face book as well.  Glenda Torres Talamantes if anyone has FB

DJAKoala
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome and thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear you had challenges at such a young age. I have adopted two boys from foster care.They are 5 and almost 10. They are a true blessing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)