Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi I am not a adoptive parent. I am a adoptee :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi, I just wanted to say hello to you all and I want to take time to THANK YOU All for even thinking of Adoption.  It is so nice to see people that are adopting and not scared to do this.  I for one am a child that was abused and taken from my Birth Parents.  I was placed in Foster Care at age 5 and legally adopted by a family of 4 at age 7 on today 8.  I am so blessed to have had this family to save me and give me second chance at life...  SO THANK YOU ANYONE THAT DECIDED TO TAKE THIS STEP ON!  You are apprciated.

by on May. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-13):
glen34
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Thank you.  I believe they will be a blessing forever in your life.  I think it is amazing to have the courage to take on other's children.  Not knowing the outcome of it all.  I have always heard people say without knowing I was adopted before they spoke.  I could never adopt someone else's problem.  :(   If they only knew the story behind the face before judging.  Makes me sad.   Behind every adoption there is a story!

KyMom24
by on May. 20, 2012 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I am an adoptee and an adopted mom. I feel like I have an advantage because I am adopted, so I can relate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gottadance
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM

We are lucky that we have the opportunity to adopt. I am adopted by my dad and can't believe that he married my mom and adopted three kids at age 26! Can you imagine? Wow - what a guy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)