Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

What, are the %, of a child born with blue, eyes

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 17 Replies
I have dark brown and husband has, blue eyes . And I have, family, different ones with color change eyes .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Isaacsmom913
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Born with I'd say pretty high.  Stay that way I don't know.

Blue / Grey Irises 32%
Blue / Grey / Green Irises with Brown / Yellow Specks 15%
Green / Light Brown Irises with Minimal Specks 12%
Brown Irises with Specks 16%
Dark Brown Irises 25%
Blue / Grey Irises 32%
Dark Brown Irises 25%

Blue/Grey 32%

Brown Irises with Specks  16%

Dark Brown Irises 25%

I have 6 nieces and nephews-brown/green parents, 2 blue/1 brown (brown eyed baby was brown at birth), brown/blue parents-2 blue eyed babies and finally 2 brown eyed parents-brown eyed baby.  My son, blue eyes with a blue/brown combo for parents.

My parents are brown/green-2 of us have green eyes and 1 has  brown

Isaacsmom913
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Sorry, don't know why the chart printed 3x's

Mom2be360
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Ohh ok cool, thank u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2be360
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM
One, aunt gray green hazel, eyes,.her grand, daughter has, green eyes,.and grand son with blue . Were, african america my husband is white

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Born with I'd say pretty high.  Stay that way I don't know.

Blue / Grey Irises 32%
Dark Brown Irises 25%

Blue / Grey Irises 32%
Dark Brown Irises 25%

Blue/Grey 32%

Brown Irises with Specks  16%

Dark Brown Irises 25%

I have 6 nieces and nephews-brown/green parents, 2 blue/1 brown (brown eyed baby was brown at birth), brown/blue parents-2 blue eyed babies and finally 2 brown eyed parents-brown eyed baby.  My son, blue eyes with a blue/brown combo for parents.

My parents are brown/green-2 of us have green eyes and 1 has  brown

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto3wifeto1
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I have brown and hubby has blue. all 3 of our children where born with and still have blue eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
disneymom2two
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I have green eyes, DH has hazel.  Our son has brown eyes like my mom and sister and DH's mom and sister. Our daughter is Chinese and has brown eyes which I assume her birth parents have also.

harmony7
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM

These are rough genetics but bascially

Brown is the dominant color and if you carry two dominant brown genes then the child will always have brown eyes But if you carry a recessive blue gene then the child has  chance of blue eyes or a child may get an equal copy and have green eyes.

Blue is always recessive- two blue eyed parents can only have blue eyed children.

Green is an equal variance and can produce both colors.

My husband and I both have green eyes- two oldest children have green eyes and can produce both colors, next child has dark brown eyes- if  she has two copies of the brown gene  her children will always be brown eyed, if she has one and one since we are both green eyed then she would have green eyed children or since her husband is blue eyed a small chance of a blue eyed child..so far they are brown eyed so I would venture to say she is probably a dominant brown. ,

next three of our  kids have the bluest eyes you have ever seen if they have children with another blue eyed parent then their children will be blue eyes only, if brown eyed parent then we get back into dominant brown or not for that parent, The last child has dark brown eyes will have to see if they are dominant brown..probably because they are so dark brown like his older sisters.

Okay end of lesson and I am sure that is as clear as mud...if  you have  two brown eyed parents then although still a chance of a recessive blue..probably not

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on May. 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Love reading about genetics! :-)

My poor MIL has 3 brown-eyed boys... She talks about this often. The oldest married a brown-eyed girl, so 3 brown-eyed grandkids. I have green, so DH and I would have a shot at something different, but instead we're adopting a brown-eyed boy! :-)

Maybe she'll get her wish for something different if my younger BIL ever settles down!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Looks like you got your answer.  :)  I have greenish eyes, DH has blue...all our children have blue eyes.

Mom2be360
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:21 PM
My father has, gray eyes and my mother has, dark brown mine are, dark brown my husbend are, blue gray. and his sisters and brothers has blue, eyes so well see which color take over . The eye color lol :) thanks everyone

Quoting meam4444:

Looks like you got your answer.  :)  I have greenish eyes, DH has blue...all our children have blue eyes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN