Jillian Michaels Heidi RhoadesTalk about crazy timing. A year and a half after Jillian Michaels announced she was calling it quits as a trainer on The Biggest Loser to pursue motherhood, she finally is a mom. Of twins!

Well, OK, not exactly twins in the two babies born at once who came out of the same tummy sense. I'm talking twins in the "arrived at the same time to meet our two new mommies" sense. There are two, count 'em, two adorable kiddos at chez Michaels now. The fates were certainly smiling on her this month! So how did it go down?

The fitness guru revealed this week that the adoption process she's been working through for two years now finally brought her daughter home this month ... just as her partner Heidi Rhoades gave birth to a son! And I can't help thinking the name they've given the little boy seems especially appropriate for a family built this way.

Michaels' and Rhoades' son, born May 3, has been dubbed Phoenix. Get it? The mythical creature that springs forth out of its ashes a new, vibrant life?

Maybe I'm reaching here, but that's more or less what this new family has done this week. Michaels slowed down her hectic work life a bit to try to focus on family ... and emerged on the other side with a 2-year-old daughter, Lukensia, a newborn son, and a committed relationship. There's a lesson in there for a lot of would-be parents.

You can't throw yourself into this whole family life "thing," if you aren't willing to make some major lifestyle changes. But when and if you do commit, the rewards come back to you are exponential. Just look at Jillian Michaels -- her blessing was so big it's double the size!

Image via Splash News