Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Where are you at in the adoption process?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM
  • 57 Replies

Are you starting to gather information? Working on your license and homestudy? Waiting for a match? Waiting for a court date? Or have you completely finalized?

I know we've talked about this before... But we've had lots of new members join us recently, and some of us have moved farther along our journey since the last time we discussed it.

So tell us -- where is your family at in the adoption process?

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m131
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Im still gathering information/ waiting for God to lead my husband in the same direction he's led me :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hyacinth72
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
We just finalized our second adoption on May 11. I have a 3 yo and an almost 10 month old. We are done. Going to let everything expire:) and enjoy or kiddos.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shay0810
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:54 PM
4 moms liked this

We finalized Sept 30 last year....  Fast, according to most ppl I talked to, but not fast enough for us!  lol.....  Pic is us with the judge on adoption day.....

underHISwing
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM

We are 15 months past finalization.  After fostering our kids for 3.5 YEARS  before finalization happened, we haven't really had a lot of adjusting to do. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Boy, that is a LONG time. We will be at 25.5 months by the time we finalize, and I'm very itchy to be done... I can't imagine 3.5 years!

Quoting underHISwing:

We are 15 months past finalization.  After fostering our kids for 3.5 YEARS  before finalization happened, we haven't really had a lot of adjusting to do. 

arthistmom
by Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Finalized our second and last adoption last year. Now it's on to the business of raising our two, says my husband. :-)

JeniLynn
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

We are in the Waiting Pot, meaning for us that when God shows us its time again to try for adoption we will..  we have had a couple failed ones, and when the time comes for us to become parents we will :)

MommyMookie2
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:26 AM
2 moms liked this

Our first two adoptions were finalized Sept 18th 2008 (Christopher was 2 1/2 and Alannah was 1 1/2 biosiblings) they were foster that we had since april 2007 our third adoption finalized June 29th 2010 (straight adoption she was born march 26th 2010) now with #4 is a foster Baby Girl is 9 months had her since she was 2 days, severance is June 11th, and then we go from there. 

Dani

SAHM to Christopher 6, Alannah 5, Piper 2, and baby girl 9 months

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:26 AM

We completed our process 5 years ago...no more for us. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Quoting m131:

Im still gathering information/ waiting for God to lead my husband in the same direction he's led me :)

Good luck!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)