Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought it was a bug biting me, but I think I am having an allergic reaction.  After Marcus' pregnancy, I have had soo many reactions to things.  It is so odd!

Are you allergic to anything?

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-19):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 6, 2012 at 1:36 PM

No... I've never heard of using aloe. Does it work? Wish my mom had known of that when I was a kid.

This one is called jewelweed, I think. It grows naturally around here. My friend is going to take me out so we can both pick some this summer... And hopefully we'll never need it!

Quoting Malley:

Was it aloe? My mom kept a plant to use for all our itchies.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Have you tried this on yourself? Did it work?

I would have given ANYTHING to keep it from spreading last summer. I had it on my upper thigh so that every pair of shorts and/or every skirt constantly rubbed against it and spread the rash... And it was inappropriately high to think about leaving the skin exposed. UGH! SO SO FRUSTRATING. (You can tell, because that was almost a year ago and I'm still a little bitter about it.)

My friend also gave me this homemade remedy from a plant... It stopped the itching really well, but I can't remember the name of it. Anyway, thanks for the tip. :) I'm just putting all of my energy towards proactive avoidance of PI this summer if I can...

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 6, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Quite a bit...thus the reason I get 2 shots twice a week...*good times*

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Malley
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM
We had jewelweed in PA too and used that. Aloe helps alot especially with burs.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

No... I've never heard of using aloe. Does it work? Wish my mom had known of that when I was a kid.

This one is called jewelweed, I think. It grows naturally around here. My friend is going to take me out so we can both pick some this summer... And hopefully we'll never need it!

Quoting Malley:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I would have given ANYTHING to keep it from spreading last summer. I had it on my upper thigh so that every pair of shorts and/or every skirt constantly rubbed against it and spread the rash... And it was inappropriately high to think about leaving the skin exposed. UGH! SO SO FRUSTRATING. (You can tell, because that was almost a year ago and I'm still a little bitter about it.)

My friend also gave me this homemade remedy from a plant... It stopped the itching really well, but I can't remember the name of it. Anyway, thanks for the tip. :) I'm just putting all of my energy towards proactive avoidance of PI this summer if I can...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM
★burns*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
makingourfamily
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I'm allergic to one of the ingredients in antibotic soap and ds#2 is allergic to eggs.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Quoting meam4444:

It sounds miserable!!  :( 

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting aprilz1225:

clear fingernail polish... paint it over the rash keeps it from spreding! clear not color, color will burn

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Just poison ivy, but it's a pretty bad allergy. I usually have it for at least a month, and it seems to spread no matter what the doctors say... Sigh. I had a bad patch last summer. I'm hoping to stay out of it this year.

yes and my mom get it all over even in her mouth... it keeps it from spreading... but you have to catch it early!! my mom gets it so bad she has to use gloves to use the bathroom so it does go to places.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Oh, I empathize with your poor mom. And I will keep this in mind for this summer... Though I'm really starting an early campaign for Sarah Not Getting PI this summer! :)

Quoting aprilz1225:

Quoting meam4444:

yes and my mom get it all over even in her mouth... it keeps it from spreading... but you have to catch it early!! my mom gets it so bad she has to use gloves to use the bathroom so it does go to places.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

soak Quick oats in  1% or fatfree milk you can also steep it like tea in milk strain out the liquid in to a bowl let cool in fridge (not too cool for sunburn, too cold it could cause blisters so just a bit cooler than room temp for sunburn.). dip a cotton ball into the liquid and place on ichy area milk will sooth and the oatmeal will take out the itch.  Great for sunburn, rashes, chickenpox, Ivy,   the reason for fat free or 1% is because the fat can hold the heat and burn could worsen.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting Malley:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2012 at 8:52 PM

yep! but i have not used one in about 2 yrs. thank God

Quoting meam4444:

Oh my!  I hope you never have to go through a hornett reaction ever again.  Do you keep an epipen around just in case?

Quoting aprilz1225:

i have an allergy to hornetts... a bad one haven't been stug in a long while... i prob just jixed myself... my brother is allergic to 45 diff things in cluding..cheese, red food dies (which makes his ears turn red) and not to forget cocroaches! me i found out while at about 19 i am also allergic to a herb that looks like hmmm... "oregano" broke out into hives and thru up like crazy.. never touched that again...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)