Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Skulls and crossbones on kids' clothes

Posted by   + Show Post
Maybe it's just me, but I don't like them at all. It's one thing if it's incorporated into a pirate picture, but seeing skulls on onesies just makes me cringe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
Replies (41-48):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Quoting raleyfamily:

I'm with Malley, I cringe too.  I also cringe at words on little girls fannies.  Sweet innocent children, why do we want to link them with evil, or draw attention to their bottoms?  And then we wonder why the world is such an evil place.  My little children - and big children, too, will show their love and respect for God and all things pure...

Ditto! I don't care for the short and pants like that either. I bought Lilly a pair of shorts at a consignment sale once and when I got home and was showing Heath and the girls what I bought, he said " why would you buy those?" I looked at hime like he was nuts, then he pointed out the words on the rear...*facepalm*.. I forgot to look at the back before I bought them! Needless to say, she was never allowed to wear them out of the house...she was only allowed to wear them in the house to play. I got rid of them at the next summer consignment sale. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

HousewifeNina
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Yes, I wondered why there are "cafekelly" type threads in here that have nothing to do w adoption.
This may not be a good fit for me.

They do it in ALL the CM owned groups. My understanding is that they are posting those randoms in here to get more exposure to the group and more members. 

It makes me not want to be in this group.

arthistmom
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I share your sentiment. I'll have to rethink my membership.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Yes, I wondered why there are "cafekelly" type threads in here that have nothing to do w adoption.

They do it in ALL the CM owned groups. My understanding is that they are posting those randoms in here to get more exposure to the group and more members. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

This made me LOL, and not in a mean way... Just in a genuinely funny way. It's good that there's room for lots of different types of people in the world! :)

Quoting disneymom2two:

I don't have a problem with them. Guess I'll find out if my neighbor does when I see whether or not she puts the pink baby socks with skull and crossbones on the cuff on her daughter.

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Hi,

When I post off topic articles it's not to get the group more exposure in an attempted to get new members. This group no longer has individual posts promoted. Like many groups, off topic posts are just a good way to share information and get to know each other better.

If you have any questions or issues I want you to know you can always PM me.

Quoting arthistmom:

I share your sentiment. I'll have to rethink my membership.

Quoting HousewifeNina:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting HousewifeNina:

mommyatlast11
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I agree.  I won't be putting my ds in any, but it's just clothes.  It's not going to harm them if they have a tshirt with one design or any other on it.  I'm glad there are so many other options when it comes to clothes that we can make-and eventually our kids can make-choices about what they wear. 

LucyHarper
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont like it at all. The last thing I want to think of when I'm looking at my baby or small child is death. I guess that I also dont like that its not something that a small child would really choose to wear, its something that the parents put on them so they could be different and look "cool." I dont like people making statements through their kids.

GrammyDodo
by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I signed up on Cafe Mom to offer my expertise in the area of parenting and grandparenting as a holistic health practictioner and energy worker who loves her kids!!! I particularly want to inform mothers and relatives about this symbol. The skull and crossbones make you cringe for good reason. There is nothing cute about it. Your body's response was correct. This symbol is the symbol of death. It always has been, always will be. The Nazi secret police also wore this symbol on their hats. Why do you think it's used to denote poison? It's a warning that this symbol means death; stay away. Symbols carry the power of that which they represent.

Our 9 y.o. grandson came to visit us wearing a grey sweatshirt with the skull & crossbones over his chest. He had to take a nap 3 days in a row. It was summer and we'd had some chilly, damp weather. It dawned on me that he was losing energy to the symbol on his sweatshirt. I used kinesiology to confirm my intuition. I also asked what is the average effect of this symbol when worn by a child. The answer is 120% negative. We destroyed the shirt and replaced it with a bright blue one that lacked symbols. Our grandson was his usual happy, healthy active self again. 

I saw a sweatshirt last night when looking for one for a younger grandchild. It was a green sweatshirt with a hot pink skull and cross bones on it. Please mothers, do not fall for this kind of treacherous marketing. It's all about money, not about your kids. And what kind of energy do you think is underlying the flooding of the kids market with this symbol? Do you think the energy comes from a high place? Please don't be so gullible. And read the fable, The Emperor has no Clothes, then see with the eyes of the child the truth that underlies all the crap in the kiddy marketplace. What you don't know as mothers, can hurt your children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN