Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Do you do some homeschooling with your children during the summer?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you do some homeschooling with your children during the summer to keep their minds fresh in the subjects they learned over the school year?

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Replies (11-15):
maggiemom2000
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 3:31 PM

We don't do "formal" lessons during the summer. My kids read a LOT! We are always mapping out trips, watching educational videos on TV and discussing them, all kinds of things that keep their brains going and keeping their minds "fresh".

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM

we do math by adding cars we see on the road... you start with a number say 20 if you see a blue car add 2 if you see a red one add 3 (you can use what ever you want  sub, add, multi, div.) we also go to philly alot to see the liberty bell and conner likes the learning programs that they have for his age.

raleyfamily
by Carla on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Since we've been homeschooling our children for 21 years, our house is already a "homeschool" house.  Most of the toys they have and the books they read are educational and charcter building.  I don't buy them much "fluff" stuff.  So while we aren't officially homeschooling, we kind of always are!

meam4444
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM

That's great!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

We don't do "formal" lessons during the summer. My kids read a LOT! We are always mapping out trips, watching educational videos on TV and discussing them, all kinds of things that keep their brains going and keeping their minds "fresh".

meam4444
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM

You are a pro at it.  :)

Quoting raleyfamily:

Since we've been homeschooling our children for 21 years, our house is already a "homeschool" house.  Most of the toys they have and the books they read are educational and charcter building.  I don't buy them much "fluff" stuff.  So while we aren't officially homeschooling, we kind of always are!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN