Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

New to site, but excited about it.

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone,

I can't wait to meet everyone and make some good connections, swap advice and recipes and make some long lasting new friends.

I am a military wife and mother to a little six year old girl from India. We are praying that the adoption fairy will open again and more children will joing our family because for us, being parents is really everything we thought it would be and more. We love our daughter to pieces. I love to garden, cook, scrapbook, clean and shop. We enjoy traveling when we can and spending time with good friends and family. I work as a registered nurse traveling between four hospitals in a system. I am trying to do Insanity right now and I have to redo the workouts because I can't seem to get thorugh them the first time. So I'm in wonderful shape. Anyone offering advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I am also trying more vegan/vegitarian meals to improve family health, any decent recipes in this department would welcomed. Please feel free to ask questions or get to know me. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Christy

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
meam4444
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Welcome to the group! 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Hi Christy! Welcome to the group! 

I'm Claire, married to my HS sweetheart and we have 2 girls. Lilly is adopted from China. She is 6.5 and has been home for 5 years. Karli is our little surprise. 

Insanity is tough, but such a great workout! I did it 2 years ago and loved it. I still do it on occasion in addition to several other Beachbody workouts. I'm also a runner and currently training for a 1/2 marathon in September ( as well as a 5k in October and a 1/2 marathon in October). 

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Malley
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Welcome to the group!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you here, I hope you'll jump right in and make yourself at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gwen72
by Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 2:41 PM
Hello and Welcome to the group!
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM

welcome it is nice to have another country to learn about adoption from. Insanity? i'm always looking for a new work out... i'm afraid i my hurt myself...lol

meam4444
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)