Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

What was I thinking! Mommy fail!

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 18 Replies

This weekend, we are having my one year old's second birthday party.  I just realized when I ordered her cake from the bakery, I told them to write "Happy 1st Birthday!"  LOL!  I guess she is turning one two times!  Note to self, put frosting on shopping list to correct my silly mistake.  I would give the bakery a call, but they are probably already making it...and I would feel horribly embarassed!  Mommy brain to its finest!  Haha.

So, how is your mommy brain?  Have you lost your keys, called your child the wrong name, etc..??

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Malley
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Why don't you call them and let them fix it for you? It would be quick and easy for them even if they ahd already decorated it. Or are you too embarrassed to tell them? Snicker.

I've done lots of forgetful thing.

harmony7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I have done that...they wiped the icing off and quickly re did it....I also have left my son at church, my daughter at a souvenir shop and recently ...my younger boys are in summer school and the first week I forgot to pick them up three of the five days....

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
Malley
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. When I was about 6-7 my parents left me at the grocery store and it wasn't until they had put all the groceries away before they did a headcount and got 4 instead of 5. My dad went rushing back and found me still reading in the magazine section.

Quoting harmony7:

I have done that...they wiped the icing off and quickly re did it....I also have left my son at church, my daughter at a souvenir shop and recently ...my younger boys are in summer school and the first week I forgot to pick them up three of the five days....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I call Derek by my adult son's name all the time. He (adult son) says that's not as bad as when I used to call him the dog's name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyDreamer80
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM

you should call them. They will fix it for you

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:17 PM

That's pretty funny! I'm sure they'll take care of it for you, or you can fix it easily at home... I hope the party goes well!

The other day I introduced my son with my husband's name, instead of his own! :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Marlena- making a 1 into a 2 is VERY easy on a cake.. I should know since I had a cake business for a while! LOL 

I was at Target with Karli yesterday and I was telling her to come with me and I said " Lilly, no, she's in FL...umm..what's your name? Oh, Karli..come on!" ...talk about Mommy brain. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

DavisShannon
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Despite all the rumors, moms are only human lol.
meam4444
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Haha I love this!

Quoting DavisShannon:

Despite all the rumors, moms are only human lol.

meam4444
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Haha!  Yea, I just bought a two candle to put on top of it.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Marlena- making a 1 into a 2 is VERY easy on a cake.. I should know since I had a cake business for a while! LOL 

I was at Target with Karli yesterday and I was telling her to come with me and I said " Lilly, no, she's in FL...umm..what's your name? Oh, Karli..come on!" ...talk about Mommy brain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)