Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Presentation.

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hi everybody. We have our presentation scheduled for July 31. The little boy's social worker will present all the information that she has on him, his past, and what is involved in his illness (our case worker says she knows that he has chronic lung disease). My husband and I will then be given time to go over the information and say whether or not we want to go forward with the adoption. His case worker is not letting him know that a family has been chosen until they know if we are going forward with the adoption (I am glad about that). We are both excited and nervous. This will be a first child for both of us. And we really don't know what to expect with the illness that he has). But I pray that God leads us in the direction that is best for us and for the little boy (hopefully our little boy).

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM
lysithea
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Good luck! Hope this little one is the one for you!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:49 AM

How exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time! Wishing you all the best. How old is the little boy? Will you be able to speak with his current foster family or any service providers?

I will say a prayer that God will make it clear to you whether you are this child's family, or whether he has something different in store for all three of you.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Oh, how exciting! I pray that God's voice is clear to you all in this decision. 

Please, keep us updated!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

BettyI
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Thank you everybody. I will keep everybody posted. 

SarahSuzy: The only people I know that are going to be there is our case worker, the little boy's case worker and her supervisor. And the little boy is 6.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Good luck to you and hubby... Remember God will not give you any more than you can take... I am sure that you will meet his needs of love, understanding and wonderful care. ((((hugs)))))

Malley
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Why is the presentation not for another month? Seems they'd want to get him settled before school starts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BettyI
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I really don't understand why it's another month away. I think it all has to do with his case worker's schedule. I told my husband the other day, that I hope we get him before school starts because I would hate for him to start where he is at and then have to pull him out of that school and put him in another school where we are.

clae82
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:13 PM
It is crazy how.long things can take sometimes. It so unfair to the.children who are waiting and precious bonding time is lost.

Quoting Malley:

Why is the presentation not for another month? Seems they'd want to get him settled before school starts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:12 AM

I hope things go well and you are able to get a clear picture of this child and his needs. Looking forward to your update... Agree that it seems unnecessarily far away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)