Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Do your kids wear school uniforms?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

Those that are old enough that is. :) Do you like them? I always did because it there were no teenage girl fights over what to wear and they didn't ruin their regular clothes. I'm looking forward to Derek being in a uniform. I think I'm going to buy about 182 pairs of socks though, one for each day of school jk.

Public schools here wear uniforms. We started at our school as a way to combat bullying. My big kids' high school pushed it through rights after Columbine.

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM

our private schools do but public no...I think they should ware them though... I think from a self esteam point of view... i mean a child who's family cannot afford the most expensive clothes will feel more equal... and it could keep some girls looking like hoochie mommas... the shorts the most... and the boys pants below the butt....really???.. good idea!!

meam4444
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM

My oldest will start wearing one since she is now in Kindergarten at the private school which her and Cece will go to (Pre-K and preschool doesn't have to wear uniforms there).  I like it, but then again, I grew up with a uniform too though.  Our publics schools don't have a uniform though.

shay0810
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I homeschool, but I love the idea of uniforms. I wore them growing up...

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Lilly has worn one for the past 2 years, but she is in Private Christian School... the public schools do have a strict dress code which is pretty much a uniform. 

Lilly's current school is a little more lax as it is a pretty strict dress code and only a uniform on Chapel days ( Wednesday).. the dress code is as follows: Blue, black or khaki pants/skirts/shorts... Stripes/plaid or solid shirts- no spaghetti straps/tanks/ no graphics at all...no tights, it has to be hose or socks. Black belt if there is a belt loop on the pants/shorts/skirts..

Uniform days- Chapel shirt and Khaki pants/skirt/shorts

I LOVE it. Karli will be allowed to wear jeans/jean shorts/skirts until she is in 1st grade and then she will have the same restrictions as Lilly in regards to clothing. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

harmony7
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 9:55 PM

No out kids go to public school but they have a very strict dress code

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
Malley
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Derek is going to wear a powder blue polo with khaki bottoms. I love the color on him.

Griffin2004
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 11:11 PM

My DD attended a Catholic school from K-2 and wore a uniform.  She is now at a Christian school which does not have uniforms but has a dress code.  The public schools in our area don't wear uniforms and from what I see of the kids on their way to school, they don't have a dress code either.

I totally loved uniforms.  The girls could wear a skirt, jumper, or pants with a white shirt and red sweater.  I laid all her clothes out on the guest bed and she chose what she wanted each morning.  Super easy.  Loved it!!

Opie99
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 3:46 AM
Not here, only a few of the private schools have uniforms. Most have the same regulations as the public schools.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I haven't heard any talk of instituting uniforms at our public schools, either.

You know if you buy 182 pairs of socks they all have to be the same color, right? Otherwise you'll just end up with mismatched pairs... :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN