Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Anyone affected by storms, wildfire, etc..??

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 7 Replies

Anyone affected by storms, wildfire, etc..??

Hope you all are safe!

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Not here, thankfully. We've had some crazy rains and storms, but overall the flooding in residential areas has been surprisingly minor... I'm so glad.

I hope you mommas in the big power outages and wild fires are keeping safe!

adopteeme
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 4:45 PM
We're in SoMD. Thankfully we have power.
I'll be sticking close to home until things get closer to normal. They say it could take till next weekend to restore electric and telephone lines and clear the roads from debris.
It's weird out there. Long lines for an open gas station, no ATM or credit cards accepted, and grocery stores have not replenished cold/ frozen foods yet. The shelves are bare. Stop lights are still out, 911 systems are down. And water restrictions- boil water orders are out.

meam4444
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope it doesn't take long to get things back to normal.

Quoting adopteeme:

I'll be sticking close to home until things get closer to normal. They say it could take till next weekend to restore electric and telephone lines and clear the roads from debris.
It's weird out there. Long lines for an open gas station, no ATM or credit cards accepted, and grocery stores have not replenished cold/ frozen foods yet. The shelves are bare. Stop lights are still out, 911 systems are down. And water restrictions- boil water orders are out.

3mom627
by Member on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Thankfully, things are quiet here in Pittsburgh, PA.  We had a thunderstorm again today, but no power outages. It has cooled down since yesterday which was unbelievably hot.

Cheryle A. Roberts

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 3, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds so crazy -- bet you are glad to have power at your house. Here's hoping for no more storms and quick repairs so life can get back to normal.

Quoting adopteeme:

Whirlagigsmom
by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM

We live in the foothills of Boulder, Colorado. We live in the City of Boulder which is literally nestled up into the foothills, and the fire was on the other side of the ridge, with flames shooting on top of the ridge, (high winds).

We got lucky;  our 1st grader was with a kids camp in Eldorado Canyon (4 miles south of City of Boulder, along the foothills, when they got a warning to get out just as the fire started there. The Canyon State Park is just reopened.  Our house ok; but Health is still impacted.

First we got the smoke from the fire 1 hr north of us near Fr. Collins:then the smoke from the terrible fire south of us (2 hrs south) near Colorado Springs; then for 2 - 3 days we could see flames on the ridge of the Mountain behind us from our front door. Smoke has/is bad. Very Hazy; ozone too; can not see the mountains. You can smell and taste smoke everywhere.

Smoke is still thick. My husband got a serious eye infection from it 3 days ago; still bad. It is tough to breath if you have  Any breathing problems.. Our 7 yr old son's Rheumotoid Arithitis is flaring up due to this. Our Dr had to evacuate his home. His family was lucky: this was literally on the top of Boulder.

We all keep praying for rain; a big rain. The fire season has just started.  These fire fighters are incredible. Cudos to All fire fighters - everywhere. Truth be told, everyone along the Foothills are nervous. It is only just begun...

meam4444
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Wow momma.  I've been praying for a big rain.  I hope things get better soon.  I think those firefighters are mighty brave out there!

Quoting Whirlagigsmom:

We live in the foothills of Boulder, Colorado. We live in the City of Boulder which is literally nestled up into the foothills, and the fire was on the other side of the ridge, with flames shooting on top of the ridge, (high winds).

We got lucky;  our 1st grader was with a kids camp in Eldorado Canyon (4 miles south of City of Boulder, along the foothills, when they got a warning to get out just as the fire started there. The Canyon State Park is just reopened.  Our house ok; but Health is still impacted.

First we got the smoke from the fire 1 hr north of us near Fr. Collins:then the smoke from the terrible fire south of us (2 hrs south) near Colorado Springs; then for 2 - 3 days we could see flames on the ridge of the Mountain behind us from our front door. Smoke has/is bad. Very Hazy; ozone too; can not see the mountains. You can smell and taste smoke everywhere.

Smoke is still thick. My husband got a serious eye infection from it 3 days ago; still bad. It is tough to breath if you have  Any breathing problems.. Our 7 yr old son's Rheumotoid Arithitis is flaring up due to this. Our Dr had to evacuate his home. His family was lucky: this was literally on the top of Boulder.

We all keep praying for rain; a big rain. The fire season has just started.  These fire fighters are incredible. Cudos to All fire fighters - everywhere. Truth be told, everyone along the Foothills are nervous. It is only just begun...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)