Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Did you cry?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 11 Replies

When you got the call? 

I bawled... we had been waiting almost 2 years when we finally got the call, that my emotions just went crazy when I picked up my cell phone and saw our agency's # on the caller id. I was crying when I answered the phone. Then, when the China Director told me that we had a daughter, I became hysterical. 

I bawled when we finally met Lilly as well. Of course, I don't think there were many parents that weren't very emotional when they handed us our children. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Isaacsmom913
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Our situation was odd at best!  When I got the call I was stunned.  I cried however when we went to the first doctors appointment and heard our little guys heart beat for the first time.  Cried agian when the nurse handed him to me after he was born.

Hyacinth72
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM
I cried with our first match call for many reasons. I was shocked mostly. We were marched in exactly one month of going active with our agency. They had given us a waiting window so I was expecting it.I thought they needed another paper or something. Our son was born two weeks later and I cried when we met his birth mom and again when we met him.

I also cried with the match of our daughter but not during the call. She was already three weeks old. It born a micro preemie. Although, I knew she was born to be my daughter, I cried a lot during our travels to meet her. The anticipation of not knowing how she was going to look being only 2 pounds and knowing my stay on her birth state was going to be really long, it forthwith best of me. The tears of joy came when I fed her a bottle for the first time and when she got off her cpap. Discharge from the hospital I cried too and saying goodbye to our wonderful nurses and agency staff.

I still cry from time to time:))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I was a little too overwhelmed to cry... We had just finished our classes a couple of weeks earlier, and weren't really set up to start accepting placements! I was leading a two-day camping trip with a bunch of high school seniors, and we had to keep rearranging our itinerary so I could get reception to call my husband.

CRAZY!

Anyway, both the boys placed with us (at different times) were for reunification, at least initially. So any tears would have been more out of the sad situations that led to children being removed from their homes... Such a different set-up than being matched for adoption, I think. I've definitely cried a lot since then!!

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I cried... we both did... sooo many emotions.. Excitement, Fear, Gratitude... you name it all rolled into one... when we met face to face we all three cried..

Malley
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM
I was stunned when I got the call for the twins. I don't remember crying then, but I sure did when the SW held out my dd to me and said "Take her, she's yours. "

Not the same circumstance, but I cried when Derek was born. I cried before David was born when the doctor asked if we were ready to have a baby. The nurse thought I was nutz lol. I got to cut his cord which was special.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ljnnmommy
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 5:47 PM

WIth my first one No I was at a staff meeting when I got the call. My voice was shaky cause of nerves and asking the right questions:)  WIth my second I actually got an email about her and was asked if I was interested:)

disneymom2two
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I was at work when I got the call that we were approved to be Jess's family; she had been on their waiting child list and there were several families who had asked to be considered.  I didn't cry but I was shaky.  Thankfully the OT was running a group in my class so I was able to make phone callls and let DH know.

3mom627
by Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I was too stunned to cry. I got the all at about 10:00 in the morning that we were to travel in like 3 days to Ukraine. I went to tell my DH and he thought I was kidding. There was so much to do that I didn't have time to cry let alone cry.  I did cry when we finally brought out 9 year old daughter home. I cried for all the abuse that she had to go through and the fact that I never knew her as a baby.  Wierd.

DJAKoala
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I didn't cry, I started shaking when I received the calls. I did cry when I first met my first son, he hugged me and at that moment I felt like a mom. Overwhelming,beautiful loving feeling. Second time I was in shock, waited so long didn't think it would happen again. When we met him, I was so happy,anxious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koalasami
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I didn't cry when I got the call but that was probably because I thought it was only a temporary placement to begin with.  He was originally supposed to be reunited with his father - but it turned out it was not his father.  I recently took in his brother as well and I did not cry for that one either even though I truly believe he will be staying forever.

I do cry every time I think about where they came from and the things she did while she was pregnant.  I also cry when I think about the 6 siblings that they have that were abused by their parents and that they will not grow up with. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)