Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

A question... for those who had a adoption from foster care but you didn't get all the children

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM
  • 25 Replies

i am trying to phrase this as best i can.  with out being confusing.. If you adopted a child out of foster care and said child was one of many children and the sibs were adopted by other parents.. same time or in future. how many have contact with the other families? I just was wonder about that?

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Malley
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:26 PM
My twins have a sister who was raised by her grandmother and a brother who was adopted. We never even knew the sister's name. We got close with their brother's amom but after her divorce she left the state wirh him and we never heard from her agaun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StA123C
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM
My daughter's biosister was adopted to a diff family. They gave me their number and promised visits. I've called several times and they don't answer or return calls. I found the adoptive mom on fb and friended her and sent her a message, she blocked me.

My little brother is adopted. His bio brother and sister who were adopted to a diff family still come over and visit sometimes.

So basically its up to the families... some don't care and won't have contact.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3mom627
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:37 PM

My son had three 1/2 siblings who were adopted after him. The siblings mom contacted me after she adopted them and we see each other a couple of times a year.  It works out really nice. He is the oldest and has a different father, but he loves the role of big brother when he sees them.  They only live about 2 hours away, so it's not too far.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 9, 2012 at 7:54 PM
My son has a half-sister born right in the middle of the TPR trial. We decided it was best that she go to another family, because at the time it looked as though it would be another lengthy back-and-forth case. Sure enough, the baby went from hospital to foster home to residence with BM back to foster home. I'm so glad we didn't put my son through that! But now her adoption into another family is likely.

We live about 45 mins away, and get along fairly well with the other family. We are trying to get the kids together every couple of months right now. As they get older, it may be more like 2-3 times a year, but ongoing contact is a priority for both of our families.

That's the only way it will happen, really, is if both families agree that it's a priority.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
koalasami
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 8:23 AM

My situation is a little different but aren't they all!  I have adopted number 7 who is 2 years old.  I am the foster mom to number 8 who is just 6 weeks old.  2 of the 6 older ones were adopted privately with the other 4 going into foster home at ages ranging from 6 months to 14.  The oldest was taken in by maternal grandma.  2 of the others went with dads and the 4th went with one of his siblings.   Also, I think they are ALL 1/2 sibs. I believe they have contact with bio mom - whom I have never met because she does not ever show up to anything. 

So we have no contact because I don't want mom to know who and where we are if I can prevent it. Also, because mine are the littlest they don't have any type of relationship with these other sibs.  They went right from the hospital to my home in both cases.  I have their names and and their last known hometowns so in the future if my boys want to have contact they can. 

DJAKoala
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM
My oldest son is the youngest of 5. They were all removed and adopted by different families before he was born. Two are medically fragile and adopted by a nurse. Two oldest followed BM path, drugs,crime,violent etc..
My youngest had two older sibs his sister was adopted by Bio grandfather,but died accidently 2 years ago,she was 8. He had an older brother adopted by an Aunt. And recently his BM had another baby, I believe she is trying to raise. My boys do not have contact ad the situations are not healthy for them at this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raleyfamily
by Carla on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I've had my son's Luke's two bio sisters over here for the past week.  I write his brother on email.  We visit with Angel-leahs big brother, too!  He wasn't adopted, though, he lived with his mother.  It was the younger ones who were taken by CPS.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I am sorry for your son's loss.

Quoting DJAKoala:

My oldest son is the youngest of 5. They were all removed and adopted by different families before he was born. Two are medically fragile and adopted by a nurse. Two oldest followed BM path, drugs,crime,violent etc..
My youngest had two older sibs his sister was adopted by Bio grandfather,but died accidently 2 years ago,she was 8. He had an older brother adopted by an Aunt. And recently his BM had another baby, I believe she is trying to raise. My boys do not have contact ad the situations are not healthy for them at this time.

DJAKoala
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Thank you, it was very sad. My son is still processing all his losses in the past year. Occationaly he talks about his sister,he keeps a picture of her by his bed.

Quoting aprilz1225:

I am sorry for your son's loss.

Quoting DJAKoala:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM

So April... Are you thinking about pursuing foster care sooner rather than later? :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN