Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

25 Family Must-Dos for the Summer Bucket List! What is on your family's summer bucket list?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 5 Replies

25 Family Must-Dos for the Summer Bucket List

spray SamEvery year it seems like the summer takes forever to arrive. It's January and we're freezing and summer seems so far away. And then it's here!

Soon we're inundated with plans and obligations and those simple days we wanted are few and far between. It's only mid-July, though! Before the summer gets too far along, make your summer bucket list and make sure you do them all so when the leaves begin to change, you are sure you experienced all summer has to offer.

Here is my 25 simple summer pleasures bucket list:

1. Visit the beach: If you live near the beach like me, this is an easy one to fulfill, but either way, it's a must-do.
  2. Run a race: This is a goal I usually meet at least once or twice over the summer. It's hot, but it's fun. Bonus points for a Fourth of July one!
  3. Sleep in a tent: This is a great one whether you make it out camping or not. Pitch a tent in the backyard and go camping 10 feet from home.
  4. Make a s'more: Is there anything that says summer more than a roasted marshmallow between two graham crackers and some melted chocolate? If so, I can't think of it!
  5. Play jump rope: Nothing will bring you back to childhood than skipping rope in the driveway. Who wouldn't pay good money to go back to a time when what was important was how many jumps you could do?
  6. Take a sunset walk: I love when my hubby comes home from work and it's still light. We take long walks with the dog and the kids, get some ice cream, and chill. 
  7. Eat outside: Eating al fresco is one of the simplest pleasures of the summer. Once you do it, you want to do it every night.
  8. Grill a pizza: Of course you CAN grill a pizza in winter, but in the summer, it's so much easier and more delicious. Yum!
  9. Water ski: There is only one time of year for this. And it's now! What are you waiting for?
  10. Water balloon fight: This is always a biggie in my house. We love filling a bucket with water balloons and going to town!
  11. Learn to surf: If you live near the ocean, grab a surf board and go to town!
  12. Run through a sprinkler: If you don't, you can still enjoy this simple summer pleasure.
  13. Be barefoot in the grass: If there is a better feeling than grass between the toes, I can't imagine what it is. Flip those flip-flops off and enjoy it for the next month or so.
  14. Let our hair air dry: The whole family can bathe and wash their hair without the hair dryers. Hair dried by the sun just FEELS better, no?
  15. Go on a boat: Load up the life jackets and get moving on the water. Kayaks, canoes, and row boats all count!
  16. Fish off a dock: It's a relaxing way to spend a few hours. Dangle your feet, bring a friend, and catch some dinner!
  17. Eat a lobster roll: 'Nuff said.
  18. Look at the stars far from the city: It's amazing how the night sky changes in the country.
  19. Go to a drive-in movie: Nothing says summer like a night at the drive-in.
  20. Visit an amusement park: We like Storyland in New Hampshire for the little ones.
  21. Ride a roller coaster.
  22. Eat cotton candy for dinner: At least once, right?
  23. Watch a summer thunderstorm from a screened-in porch: I want to do this more than once.
  24. Climb a tree.
  25. Eat fresh corn: Pure summer perfection.

What is on your family's summer bucket list?

by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:41 PM

We don't have one.. LOL 

We are in busy mode now getting ready for my CM shoot next week, and then school shopping, Orientation, birthday and then school starts...we only have a couple of weeks left now that we spent over a month in FL. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

KRIZZ25
by on Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM
i dont have the money fo rall that ..
meam4444
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Oooo grilling a pizza...mmmm

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM
We want to go camping and to a water park. We do the beach weekly, and have a couple of hikes planned... Ooh, and we've already cooked dinner over the campfire.

I like the ideas on this list too. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harmony7
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:12 AM

things we have done or will do-

1. Visit the beach not for the summer but we will go at Thanksgiving
  2. Sleep in a tent
  3. Make a s'more
  4. Take a sunset walk
  5. Eat outside
  6. Water ski- we live ten minutes from a large lake and we water and jet ski
  7. Water balloon fight- we do this as a family
  8. Learn to surf  We already surf, we are probably the only people in North Alabama with surf boards in the barn and wet suits in the closets
  9. Run through a sprinkler - every time I water the garden
  10. Be barefoot in the grass  live in the south Hate shoes
  11. Let our hair air dry - cant find the hair dryer
  12. Go on a boat
  13. Fish off a dock
  14. Look at the stars far from the city   live in the country
  15. Watch a summer thunderstorm from a screened-in porch
  16. Climb a tree I dont but the kids do
  17. Eat fresh corn eating ours out of the garden now
Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with six still at home!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)