Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Did you give your child an adoption gift?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 17 Replies
What did you get? How old was your kiddo at the time of the adoption?

Just started thinking about this for our 4yo today...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

we got conner a St. Christophers necklace with  all of our names on it.. including his birthmom's.

jen1130
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM
Savanna(15 mo. 10 yrs ago) got a gold bracelet.
Lindsey(12 yrs, 14 months ago)got a gold necklace with birthstone pendant .
Isaac (9yrs ,14 mo ago)got a watch and a statue thing for his room.
Nicholas (3yrs old,14mo ago) got binoculars ..... He had been begging for them.lol as well as a statues thing for his room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teaguen
by teaguen on Jul. 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Both of my girls got their names framed with their gotcha date on it.  It was done in paint and both turned out beautiful.  We hung them in their room.  They love them and sure know when their gotcha date is.  They look similar to this sample I found:

StA123C
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:23 AM
I gave my daughter a book. We celebrate her adoption day everywhere. We get our pictures done and do something fun together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Not when we met her, but every year when we celebrate family day, each of the girls gets something special. I always get Lilly something on the sly at the Chinese New Year celebration that I know she has eyeballed...this year, we got Karli a coloring book and a stuffed unicorn even though she is biological. We don't want her to feel left out when we celebrate being a family. 

Now, when we were in China, I bought gifts for Lilly for special days: 16th, 18th, graduation, wedding day....

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

jen1130
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Wow good thinking mommy on the gifts for later.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Not when we met her, but every year when we celebrate family day, each of the girls gets something special. I always get Lilly something on the sly at the Chinese New Year celebration that I know she has eyeballed...this year, we got Karli a coloring book and a stuffed unicorn even though she is biological. We don't want her to feel left out when we celebrate being a family. 

Now, when we were in China, I bought gifts for Lilly for special days: 16th, 18th, graduation, wedding day....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM
I didn't give a gift to the twins on adoption day, but we celebrated the day they came with a cake and gift every year. I think we'll celebrate the adoption day anniversary like that with the boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:13 PM
How cool that you bought those gifts in advance... Smart planning, momma! Have you given her any of them yet, or are they all for later on in life?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:20 PM

No--Isaac's adoption was finalized when he was 3months and 3days old, and was 9 days before Chistmas :)

ljnnmommy
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Both my girls were adopted at 16 months I gave them both a necklace my oldest got a locket and my youngest I got her a necklace with her birthstone on etsy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)