Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Just thought I'd share...

Posted by   + Show Post

These were the favors for the folks who attended our adoption celebration last week... 4 oz strawberry jam, made from strawberries that my son and I picked together earlier in the summer. I ordered personalized labels for the lids that have a photo of my son with the strawberries, the date of our adoption, and his new name.

I wanted to share because this was a really inexpensive and easy favor, but one that was really well received. I made ~30 jars of jam for a total cost of around $40 (berries, pectin, sugar, jars). The labels cost another $20, but you could easily make your own if you planned further ahead than I did... :)

We've talked in this group about adoption celebrations and parties before, so I thought I would share. Plus I was pretty impressed that I actually managed to pull this off -- I am neither a big party person nor a great hostess, so this was a stretch for me!

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Replies (11-12):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

He had the best time; we're still talking about it a week later. We rented a bounce house, and invited many of the families who have supported us throughout the process. We think around 70 people came. It was just so nice to be able to identify and thank the people who have prayed for and cried with and loved on our family over the past two years.

Quoting feralkitten:

they look so cute waht it a good adopshon party did you son have fun

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)