Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Nervous Jitters!!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM
  • 14 Replies
Good evening everyone! This is my first time joining a group such as this. I found out about Cafemom through my internet search to find out additional information about foster infant adoptions. I am 37, single, and this will be my first child! I am excited, happy, and nervous all wrapped up in one! I joined this group for encouragement, knowledge and empowerment in this life changing decision to become a mom! I look forward to hearing from all of you! XOXO Newmomla1975
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Isaacsmom913
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome!

Our little bundle of domestic adoption bliss is going to be 1 in 1 month and 1 day!  Not that I'm keeping track at all.  I'm also 37, but married. 

So tell me more about you-where are you at in the process?  Have you been selected by a birth mom, or are you just entering a contract with an agency?  I'm nosey :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Aug. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! I'm glad you found us! 

I didn't introduce myself in the other group, but I will now. I'm Claire. My husband and I are the parents of a little girl adopted from China 5.5 years ago ( soon to be 7 in November) and a biological daughter that is 4. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome!!! hubby and i are waiting for our 2nd special gift.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Cafemom has been a godsend to me on the foster/adoption journey, and I hope you find the same kind of wisdom and support that I have.

If you haven't already, I recommend joining some of the foster care specific groups as well.

You mention fostering infants - are you planning to foster through the reunification process, and then to adopt if the baby is unable to return home? Typically most young children remain in their foster families for adoption if reunification is unsuccessful.

My husband and I just adopted our 4yo son last month after 2 years of having him as a foster child, failed reunification, contested TPR trial, etc. It has been crazy, and I'm not sure when/if we'll be fostering again. But I would go through it all again to love our sweet boy, I know that for certain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen1130
by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I am happy you joined. My DH and I have been married for 26 years and have 7 kids. 24,22,16,14,11,11,5
The oldest 3 boys are our bio children and the rest of out kids are adopted from foster care.
I have to say adoptions are kind of like pringles hard to stop with one : )
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmomla1975
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I know that in foster care the goal for ababies and toddler is to reunification.  I'm really looking for the worst case scenio where the baby or toddler can not go back. My goal is to adopt hands down, but if it does not work out that way, I am willing to keep going until I am able to adopt my little one through foster care. Thank you for sharing your story!

newmomla1975
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Congrats to you and your hubby! You must post pics of your new addition! Are you guys fostering or private adoption?

newmomla1975
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG! God bless you and your hubby! I  will be a single mom, I think right now, I can only handle maybe two at the least!

jen1130
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
We spent our first 20 years of marriage as a military family my husband was in the navy.....so I was a kind of a single mom for a long time the longest was 5 years only seeing my husband for 2 weeks every 6 months.....that is hard work. At least I still had his pay: )
Being a single parent is WORK. So I say congratulations and don't foget to accept help from your family and friends where you can.

I don't post pictures in this group because it is not private : (

I do post pictures on the foster adopt group as it is private.
Quoting newmomla1975:

OMG! God bless you and your hubby! I  will be a single mom, I think right now, I can only handle maybe two at the least!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmomla1975
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Not that your nosey, I would be curious too lol. I am going through a foster care agency. I am still getting all my paperwork processed, I am awaiting my homestudy and my home inspection. I had a pre- home inspection done a few weeks ago, and had a few things that I needed buy, including baby funiture. I am really excited, but as I mentioned scared because at this point, my immediate family is not in full agreement about my decision to adopt. I been blessed with really supportive friends and other extended family members and I am praying that my immediate family will come around once she is in my home. Well I probaly gave you an eye full this morning, but that is where I am in the process. Have a good one!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN