Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Birthday Drama...Funny...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM
  • 6 Replies

So your first baby arrives and you dream of his/her first birthday party.

At 6 months old you start planning (roughly) the party so NO ONE can say they had previously scheduled to be away for the weekend of the even as was the case for your planned baby welcoming party that ultimately never happened.

At 10 months you order the invitations and 2 weeks later mail them out so people have 1 full month to RSVP.

At 10 1/2 months you order plates, cups, silverware, confetti and the like...

At 11 months 4 days the order arrives ONLY there are no plates!  Oh yes, you have 75 matching napkins, 10 table clothes, all the cutlery MINUS the knives and even the matching treat boxes for the kid BUT NO PLATES AND NO KNIVES!  You immediately call the company from which you ordered only to be told that the plates are on indefinate back order but they'd be happy to find out what other themes they have available...

Seriously now...how is it that you can have everything available for a theme but NOT the plates?  Oh and as for the date...one of Isaac's Aunt/Uncle combo's can't make it because  they made plans to go to a college football game on that day.  Had we told them of our plans earlier they would have been able to make it.  If I don't laugh...

Thank you for letting me share my drama :)

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KLove_Mom
by Kara on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

oh bummer...

I wouldn't worry about one family couple... that just happens. People do that. We moved our wedding date away from a date more convenient for all of our family because the best man had a vacation planned, and then the best man didn't even end up going on that vacation. So all of our family was inconvenienced, and my sis-in-law ended up having gall-bladder surgery the day we did have it and my brother missed it completely.

Just enjoy the precious moments with your little one. Those are what matter most. 

I do hope you can work it out with the plates, but if not, maybe you can just buy a colored plate from a local store that goes with the colors of the theme.

TracyBryant
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 11:43 AM
bump

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

when it comes to kids NOTHING goes as planed!! in the middle of singing happy birthday conner yelled poop..ahhh the moments. write it down for him or his wife!

Isaacsmom913
by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:08 PM

I actually ended up ordering from Birthdayexpress.com  so the plates "almost" match.  LOL.  I just find it funny that I started planning this 6 months ago so I had to share the "drama" because really it is so funny!

Quoting KLove_Mom:

oh bummer...

I wouldn't worry about one family couple... that just happens. People do that. We moved our wedding date away from a date more convenient for all of our family because the best man had a vacation planned, and then the best man didn't even end up going on that vacation. So all of our family was inconvenienced, and my sis-in-law ended up having gall-bladder surgery the day we did have it and my brother missed it completely.

Just enjoy the precious moments with your little one. Those are what matter most. 

I do hope you can work it out with the plates, but if not, maybe you can just buy a colored plate from a local store that goes with the colors of the theme.

doodlebopfan
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you are keeping your sense of humor about it, LOL!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM

If it's not one thing it's another, right?? :) I totally see myself doing something like this... Glad you can laugh about it. Hope the party goes well!

P.S. LOVE the new carousel pic! He just gets more and more adorable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN