Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

how to induce laction

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:21 PM
  • 63 Replies
4 moms liked this

I am adopting and would really love to nurse him i have not nursed for 14 years and would really like to know how i can relactate naturally

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I have never done this, but here is a bump!  I know there are a couple mommas in this group who had done this.  Wishing you the best with it!  :)

mommar4
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM

BUMP!

Cafe Amanda
by Group Admin on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM
4 moms liked this

This CM member did it!

Clh1989
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Join the Breastfeeding moms group! There's a member who has done just that!
coreilly89
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

fenugreek for two weeks, as dosed on the bottle, then start stimulation. if you go with a pump for stimulation I suggest getting everything possible to help soothe your girls. 

danandsamsmom
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Contact La Leche League for advice.

marihla
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

La Leche League International will have all the info you need on that.

aeneva
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Take fenugreek and slowly up the dose, when you start to smell like maple syrup then you are takng enough.  I would also suggest getting a supplemental nursing system and putting expressed milk (yours or donated) and putting in it.  If you can't get expressed milk then formula.  The SNS will help stimulate you to lactate better then a pump, but pumping in between feedings will help also.  As the others have said there is a mom on CM that has done it sucessfully.

amazzonia
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I know you can, not Sure how it works, you should get in touch with a lll association in your area, I think you just have to start pumping and slowly the mill, will come in, don't know how long does it takes, but it can be done, good luck and compliments to you on even thinking of breastfeeding your adoptive child, I really hope you'll be able to do it!
___HoPsCoTcH___
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow, I didn't know you could do that! What a great thing to do for your new baby!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)