Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Oy! I will be happy when it is done!

Posted by   + Show Post

Right now, we are in the process of remodeling our main bathroom in the house.  It was quite the fashion victim in the bathroom world.  But, oy!  I am already tired of this remodeling business and it has only been lil over a week!  We remodeled a lot of our home when we first bought it...but that was years ago...I forget how much of a pain it can be.  I guess no pain, no gain

Have you ever remodeled anything in your home??

by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
3mom627
by Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:19 PM

We remodeled our bathroom in our old house, it was a pain. Then there was the downstairs laundry room where the contractors found asbestos and we couldn't go down there for something like a week, so no washer or dryer, what a nightmare.

3MOM627

have a nice day

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Sep. 9, 2012 at 7:42 PM

i wish we rent!

meam4444
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Ooooh I love accent walls! 

Quoting MsEmma88:

I was thinking like a deep blue accent wall but I can't find the perfect shade yet. Then white mocha wash for the pine wall that I couldn't get rid of without major major work done

Quoting meam4444:

Yes it is!  :)  What colors are you thinking of using for your bathroom?

Quoting MsEmma88:

Currently picking out colors for the upstairs bathroom. It's a nightmare for DIY'ers but think of how pretty it will be when it's done

meam4444
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Oh my...what a project! 

I'm sure I will love it...just the waiting...we are doing everything to it.  We completely gutted it.  I will post pictures in a few.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Remodeling is SO MUCH WORK! We did our entire kitchen over the winter: cabinets, new appliances and moving the location of appliances, building a new island, stripping wallpaper and painting...

And now I love it!

I hope you feel the same about your bathroom once it's complete. What all are you doing to it?

meam4444
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM

It is hard to make decisions... we were walking around menards looking at tile and lighting...and he kept telling me, "make sure it is what you want because it will be that way for the next 30 years."  Such pressure!  :)

Quoting eoewan:

I have a dh who says "hire someone to do it if you want it done" so that's what I do...I pulled the carpet out of our home...we lived on sub floor for 4 years and finally put down interim flooring until I make my mind up of what I want...the interim flooring was put down 3 years ago...I still can't make up my mind.

meam4444
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

We bought our house from someone who had a lot of projects not completely finished.  We are slowly battling them all.

Quoting Malley:

We've done small things, which my dh never seems to finish. When Derek was three my dh and his friends closed in the dining room to make a room for him. He still hasn't put up the molding on the new wall which is in the living room. He laid new flooring but never finished the parts by the doorway. Aaargh.

meam4444
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Sounds like you have a beautiful house now!  It is sure a job!  Thanks!

Quoting teaguen:

We completly updated our old house before moving.  We did a full kitchen and both bathrooms from cabinets to countertops and fixtures.  Replaced all old tile flooring with new wood, put in all new baseboards, bullnosed the corners on the walls and painted every room. We however did not do the work ourselves.   Even took on the landscaping for both front and back yards after the inside was done.  It was a huge mess and we had a 3 year old, an infant and my eldery mother in law living with us at the time.  We sometimes would have to wash dishes in the bathroom sink.  So glad it's over and not sure I would ever do it again.  Have to say it was an amazing house when we were done.  1970 ranch met the 2000 updated ranch.  Good luck on your remodel project - sure it will be amazing when your done.

meam4444
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Remodeling does keep the mind busy!  And, thanks for the luck. :)  We are tiling tonight!

Quoting arthistmom:

We remodeled the master bath in our old townhouse during the six months between receiving our referral for our older son to travel to bring him home. It certainly kept our minds off that long wait. Though there were many times we thought that the remodel would make us lose our minds. (And except for the painting, we hired people to do the work.) Good luck to you!

meam4444
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Oh no!!  Asbestos is a nightmare of mind!

Quoting 3mom627:

We remodeled our bathroom in our old house, it was a pain. Then there was the downstairs laundry room where the contractors found asbestos and we couldn't go down there for something like a week, so no washer or dryer, what a nightmare.

meam4444
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Aw

Quoting aprilz1225:

i wish we rent!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)