Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Double Blessing!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:50 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband and I were expecting our first child and after four and a half months we had a miscarriage and lost her. It was very hard but I had a feeling the whole time that something was wrong but I tried to dismiss it because we had passed 12 weeks. We continued trying to concieve but it just didn't happen. On mother's Day of last year my adopted sister told me that her biological cousin who was pregnant with twin boys was thinking about giving them up and she asked her to consider us. She and I had been friends and I had let her live with me for awhile so she said she definitely would. She had them about a month later and we never heard anything. My sister called me when they were almost 2 months old and said the birth mom was having a really hard time and was still thinking about letting us adopt them. She was living with her parents, her older sister and brother-in-law, her 2 siblings, and her older daughter. Most of them smoked in the house. She wasn't able to buy them formula or diapers and her parents would rarely help her. They were 5 and 8 pounds at 2 months old. They were being fed bananas and applesauce because she didn't have enough milk and when she did have it, she watered it down. They had only had 2 baths since they were born. Their bio mom was very unattached and they were left in their carseats or her bed most of the time. I was told they would cry for hours on end and no one would see about them. I sent her a text message and asked if she wanted me to come get them for the weekend and she said please. I went and got them and it was the longest, hardest weekend of my life. I called my sister and told her I couldn't handle it. She gave me a pep talk and said you want to be a mom, this is what it's going to be like. I kept them the rest of the weekend and everyone I talked to said you can't take them back there but I had to. She only agreed to me keeping them for the weekend and she said if DFCS was called there was no way she would let us have them. So I took them back but I insisted that she take Tyler to the Dr. because he was wheezing so bad I was scared he was going to stop breathing. I took them to the Dr. the next day and told her to let me know if she wants me to take them with me. I got a text that Friday saying that the power had been cut off at her house so I asked if I needed to get the boys and she said please. I went to get them unsure of how long she wanted me to keep them but she had their bags packed and they have been with us since. They were 2 months old when they came home with us. We were so unprepared we had to borrow a bassinet until we could get a crib but little by little we were able to get everything we needed and more. The bio mom gladly signed over her rights and we were granted guardianship and the adoption was final in May of this year. They are completely different boys. When we first got them they cried all the time and you could see the distrust in their face but now they are the sweetest, happiest babies in the world. Once they were on a schedule they rarely cried. They were underweight but are doing great now. We were so overwhelmed at first and now we couldn't be happier! Everyone who meets them comments on how good they are. We are truly blessed!

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen1130
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank god you got them!!!! They are just beautiful: ) congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

nice looking boys congrats and welcome to the club!

meam4444
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

They are very cute blessings!  Congratulations!

MommynMonster
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats!

Torty_Mama
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Life is going to fun with those to bondles of joy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
They are just precious. And it sounds like it was a good thing you were able to be a resource and keep them safe early on... And now for always! What adorable smiles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MizGypsy
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 2:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds alot like our story but we have twin girls. Finalized in March. They are such a double blessing! Twin moms Rock!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malley
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this
They are so cute! How old are they now?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deana2882
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Thanks everyone! Being a first time mom to twins was scary at first but I look at them every day and think how empty our lives would be without them. They bring us so much joy and happiness and I hope we can always do the same for them. They will be 15 months on Thursday.

feralkitten
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN