Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Fraggle Rock & Childhood Nostalgia...

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
I confess to being a child of the 80s... Fraggle Rock was one of my favorite shows as a kid. So you can imagine how much fun it is to spend a chilly fall morning snuggled up with my 4yo watching old episodes of the Fraggles.

Are there any shows (or musicians or activities or...) from your childhood that you share with your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:14 AM

the smuffs... ALF.... the original transformers...

have you noticed they are making a come back...love it

mcginnisc
by Claire on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I LOVED the Fraggles!!! I'm also a child of the 80s. 

My kids don't like the Fraggles..boo! They DO love Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony ( although it has changed a lot over the years) and the BEST cartoon ever- SCOOBY DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! My IL's gave Lilly a Mystery Machine with the first 3 seasons of SD on DVD several years ago and I can watch it for hours and not get tired! We have tons of SD shows and movies. 

Instead of watching tv while cleaning, I will put the tv on Sirius FM on the 80s channel a lot.. my girls are getting a healthy appreciation for the Go Gos, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi and Prince through that channel. LOL ... of course, some songs I wonder why my parents allowed me to listen to them...and here I am allowing my kids to listen to them as well since I loved them as a tween...

Lilly walks around singing " We Got the Beat" all the time.. and Karli sings " You Spin Me" constantly. LOL 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

meam4444
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:20 PM

This is too funny about Fraggle Rock...I almost bought Lu a t-shirt of Fraggle Rock on clearance today.  :)

Hmm...I will have to think about what I share with my children...it is a lot! 

meam4444
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Oh yes!  My girls adore Scooby Doo and Strawberry Shortcake!

Quoting mcginnisc:

I LOVED the Fraggles!!! I'm also a child of the 80s. 

My kids don't like the Fraggles..boo! They DO love Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Pony ( although it has changed a lot over the years) and the BEST cartoon ever- SCOOBY DOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! My IL's gave Lilly a Mystery Machine with the first 3 seasons of SD on DVD several years ago and I can watch it for hours and not get tired! We have tons of SD shows and movies. 

Instead of watching tv while cleaning, I will put the tv on Sirius FM on the 80s channel a lot.. my girls are getting a healthy appreciation for the Go Gos, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Bon Jovi and Prince through that channel. LOL ... of course, some songs I wonder why my parents allowed me to listen to them...and here I am allowing my kids to listen to them as well since I loved them as a tween...

Lilly walks around singing " We Got the Beat" all the time.. and Karli sings " You Spin Me" constantly. LOL 

meam4444
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Scooby Doo, Smurfs, anything Disney from my day, Abba, Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Muppets, etc... It is a lot...I find I prefer them to watch/listen to things which I loved...for one, I can tolerate it more and two, I have already pre-screened it then.  :)

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Alf! Yes! Does Conner watch it?

Quoting aprilz1225:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

oh yeah it was odd to him the tv show is okay for him, but the cartoon he is not a fan of... he likes it when he tries to eat the cat... willey is such a nerd.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Alf! Yes! Does Conner watch it?

Quoting aprilz1225:

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

i love ABBA you dance'n queen you go girl!

Quoting meam4444:

Scooby Doo, Smurfs, anything Disney from my day, Abba, Nsync, Backstreet Boys, Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Muppets, etc... It is a lot...I find I prefer them to watch/listen to things which I loved...for one, I can tolerate it more and two, I have already pre-screened it then.  :)

Malley
by on Sep. 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM
Am feeling very old. My grown dd loved Fraggle Rock and Scooby Do which I am convinced is about stoners lol.

We had three channels when I was a kid. I like all those old shows. Derek watches Bonanza with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I am with you on Scooby Doo being about stoners, lol! I don't mind that show but just never really got into it... :-)

Quoting Malley:

Am feeling very old. My grown dd loved Fraggle Rock and Scooby Do which I am convinced is about stoners lol.

We had three channels when I was a kid. I like all those old shows. Derek watches Bonanza with us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN