Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

New! Any help would be Great:)

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi! My husband and I have been trying to adopt for a few years now! We don't want to go threw an agency. We would like to find our own birth mother and do everything ourselves. We have tried twice already and it has fail threw. We were told that this site is a great help! Would love any advice or help in finding a baby. We live in Texas but are willing to travel. Thanks so much!!

by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
maggiemom2000
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I adopted out of foster care so I don't really know much about finding a birth mom for a private adoption, but here's a bump for you!

Hopefully some moms who did private domestic adoption will chime in.
socalkatt
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband and I tried County foster/adopt, but after several years decided to go to an agency. We chose one that works through out the U.S. One part of their staff works finding birthmoms and the other works with families looking to adopt. We signed on with them and went Live on there site 7 months later and 1 month later a birthmom picked us. 4 months later our daughter was born,she is now 8 months old and we could not be happier. You can message  me if you would like more information, We had a great expierence with this agency.

msjoecool
by Crissy on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I can't imagine attempting adoption without representation. We adopted two of our foster placements. I would love to save them all.

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)