Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Mama check-in: How are you doing today??

Posted by   + Show Post

Mama check-in: 

How are you doing today??

by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Replies (21-26):
meam4444
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I hope your knees are doing better today.  Wow--you are amazing to do painting and playdoh in one day!  I am tired just doing one of those activities.  :)

Quoting HarrisonMD:

I'm doing pretty good this am despite pain in the knees, but that's just part of growing younger, right? Hehehe...this kids are doing pretty good too...DD is playing randomly and I'm gonna try to get her to the table for finger painting later...maybe some playdough time (of course that activity takes all off of 10 minutes, but she's happy! lol) and DS is enjoying some swing time and watching Baby Noah! Waiting for a call from the sw so we can schedule our home inspections/interviews....UGH, they take forever! I really want this to be finalized by the end of the year!

giving mom gift

feralkitten
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM

i have knee pain too its sucks and i  hate  my pain killers but i'm only 29 lol 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Been down with a headache today... But it was a rainy one anyway, so N and I just cuddled in and watched Toy Story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaEngineer
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Civil, I manage a water department for the local utility district. I've done utilities, roads, stormwater, traffic, structural, soils, environmental, developments - the whole spectrum. What did you do as a civil?

Quoting meam4444:

Good luck with all the work!  Oh man...you're bringing back memories talking about diff. eq.  I see your MamaEngineer...what field do you work in?  I used to work as a Civil Engineer.

Quoting MamaEngineer:

Up to my eyeballs in construction permit paperwork, angry customers and revising 1/3 of 1250 page report in quadruplicate at work. Up to my chest in foster care paperwork. At least I can still help Junior with his 7th grade homework even when he said it would confuse me. If it is easier than differential equations, I can assist. I never understood diffy q, just enough to past the class the second time. It was the only class I ever had to repeat.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaEngineer
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Sorry you suffered from a headache, but cuddling in front of Toy Story sounds wonderful.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Been down with a headache today... But it was a rainy one anyway, so N and I just cuddled in and watched Toy Story.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Good stuff!  With the private firm I worked for, I used to do a lot of the design work for new developments, but we didn't do any structural.   It has been a few years since..but occasionally, I will get a call from someone local with a surveying or design question which is nice to spark back some of my mind back! 

Quoting MamaEngineer:

Civil, I manage a water department for the local utility district. I've done utilities, roads, stormwater, traffic, structural, soils, environmental, developments - the whole spectrum. What did you do as a civil?

Quoting meam4444:

Good luck with all the work!  Oh man...you're bringing back memories talking about diff. eq.  I see your MamaEngineer...what field do you work in?  I used to work as a Civil Engineer.

Quoting MamaEngineer:

Up to my eyeballs in construction permit paperwork, angry customers and revising 1/3 of 1250 page report in quadruplicate at work. Up to my chest in foster care paperwork. At least I can still help Junior with his 7th grade homework even when he said it would confuse me. If it is easier than differential equations, I can assist. I never understood diffy q, just enough to past the class the second time. It was the only class I ever had to repeat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)