Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Just want to say hello

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 8 Replies

my DH and I are hoping to start fostering children within the next 24 months or so and I'm excited about finding a site to ask questions/advice on the whole process. Thought I'd introduce myself!

“Leave behind the passive dreaming of a rose-tinted future. The energy of happiness exists in living today with roots sunk firmly in reality's soil.”
― Daisaku Ikeda
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Gwen72
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome to our group!  There are lots of moms in this group that have done foster care adoptions and can share valuable insight and resources.

LilliLaLa
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I've already been reading up on the threads and I agree! :^)

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2012 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome! Sounds like you are just at the very beginning stages of the process? I hope you will find lots of support and encouragement here, as I know I have. :)

My DH and I became licensed foster parents two and a half years ago. We have adopted one 4yo and reunified one 1yo. We're currently taking a break and considering whether to close our home, but we still try to stay connected in our local FP circles as support people.

eoewan
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome...the beautiful ladies here are a wealth of information.

LilliLaLa
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Welcome! Sounds like you are just at the very beginning stages of the process? I hope you will find lots of support and encouragement here, as I know I have. :)

My DH and I became licensed foster parents two and a half years ago. We have adopted one 4yo and reunified one 1yo. We're currently taking a break and considering whether to close our home, but we still try to stay connected in our local FP circles as support people.

We are in the beginning stages (very beginnng), I just retired from the Army, so we are taking about 6 mos to a year to find and buy a home, then while we are settling e plan to get licensed. We are also trying to conceive righ now, but if that doesn't happen in the next 3 mos we are stopping the Chlomid. I've wanted to foster since my early 20's and it looks like we're about at the right point to finally start!

“Leave behind the passive dreaming of a rose-tinted future. The energy of happiness exists in living today with roots sunk firmly in reality's soil.”
― Daisaku Ikeda
LilliLaLa
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Thank you!

― Daisaku Ikeda
meam4444
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!!!

LilliLaLa
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)