Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

my daughter is coming to see me!!!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this

whoot! whoot! my daughter that was adopted at birth is coming to see me on the 13th, i saw her back in may. they drive 4 hours to come see me and my other kids. she is great. and her bday is on the 9th so i have to go out and get her something. she will be 6 years old. i miss her all the time. i dont think anyone has a better open adoption then me and her family...which is also my family

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sidneyb
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noTimetothink
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:25 PM

i know, i just dont know what to get her

Quoting sidneyb:

Awesome

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM
I hope you have a great visit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
noTimetothink
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

we always do, she is so funny, she calls me belly kim because she knows like 3 other kims, we dont say birth mother yet

shell81
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Belly Kim is so cute! My daughter ( we adopted) was my step daughters, daughter. She lives in Ky and we are in GA. Our lawyer only does closed adoptions but she is family so lol it's open. We did cut her bio dad out of her life till she is 18 cause he said we are fake parents lol I didn't know the love, money (ETC) we use to raise her is all fake. We are mom and dad:)  My step daughter only sees her once or twice a yr. She doesn't care that much. You sound like a awesome birth mom!

noTimetothink
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:43 PM

we have such a good friendship, sometimes i call her mother just to talk when i am having a bad day. i really made the best choice for her at that tme, because now she has that many more people that love her

Quoting shell81:

Belly Kim is so cute! My daughter ( we adopted) was my step daughters, daughter. She lives in Ky and we are in GA. Our lawyer only does closed adoptions but she is family so lol it's open. We did cut her bio dad out of her life till she is 18 cause he said we are fake parents lol I didn't know the love, money (ETC) we use to raise her is all fake. We are mom and dad:)  My step daughter only sees her once or twice a yr. She doesn't care that much. You sound like a awesome birth mom!

maggiemom2000
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

It is so nice to hear about an aoption that was a "win win" and where everyone is happy and supported. Thanks for sharing your story, it made my day!

I wish that my DD who is 3 could grow up knowing her "belly mom", but she was a safe surrender baby so it is just not in the cards.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:29 AM

That is great! I hope your visit goes well. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

meam4444
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM

How wonderful!  Hope you have a good visit!

noTimetothink
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

i am really lucky, i could never have not known who she was, when i made this choice i knew it was for the best, at that point i could not give her what she needed, but i love her with all my heart

Quoting maggiemom2000:

It is so nice to hear about an aoption that was a "win win" and where everyone is happy and supported. Thanks for sharing your story, it made my day!

I wish that my DD who is 3 could grow up knowing her "belly mom", but she was a safe surrender baby so it is just not in the cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN