Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Update: asked my questions =) PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM
  • 6 Replies

After something coming up last week, I finally got to talk with the girl's case worker on the phone.  Wow.  Each of these kids' stories break my heart, and hers is no exception.  She's been in theraputic homes and such to help her, but she is doing much better now from what I'm told.  I felt I could trust the case worker on that because she was open and honest about this girl's past.

Its a little scary.  It makes me a little nervous.  But I think that's a normal reaction.  We found information out about another child and I just knew she wasn't for us.  With this girl, I think she could be.  I think we could be a good fit for her.  And I was glad to hear that non of our "deal breakers" were met.  After learning all I did about her, the picture painted in my head came down to a girl who needs permanancy, who needs to be wanted, who has a caring spirit and just needs time to heel and grow.

I should be getting even more information in an email.  Tonight my husband and I will be able to go over everything I know and decide if we want to put our hat in the ring.  It sounds like there are 2 other families being considered and one family will be chosen relatively soon for her.  I will be praying continuously until a desicion is made on both ends.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I will say a prayer for you and DH, that you'll be able to discern whether to move forward. Hopefully you'll both come to a clear decision together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bekalynne440
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!  Knowing DH, I'm pretty certain he will say "Let's go for it.  Email her now and tell her we're still interested." lol.  I feel...numb I guess, at least right now.  Part of it may be lack of sleep.  I think part of it is, even though I mentally knew what we are getting in to, I think before you foster/adopt an older child you naturally have this rainbows and roses idea of what the child/children you get will be like.   Now that I know the reality of her case, I know parenting her won't be rainbows and roses, lol.  I mean, I knew it before but now its real, if that makes any sense.  I'm still interested in her.  I still have a heart for her.  I still think it could be a good match.  I think I just need some time to let it all sink in.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I will say a prayer for you and DH, that you'll be able to discern whether to move forward. Hopefully you'll both come to a clear decision together.

bekalynne440
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM
I was right! DH said its nothing he wasn't expecting to hear and he's ready to jump in with both feet. He's worked with troubled youth before. A couple of things said shocked me just a little, but didn't phase him in the least. After letting things sink in for several hours and lots of prayer already, I feel even more confident about proceeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great! I hope they move the process along quickly. Let us know how it goes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaEngineer
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Glad to hear you are moving forward. Prayers to you that you will learn soon which family is choosen. DH and I got our first placement in August. FS is 12, almost 13. I am loving my time with him. Our goal is adoption, but this case could take awhile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Prayers being sent your way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)