Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Have you ever...?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 20 Replies

Speaking of movies, I had to leave a movie early for the first time ever this afternoon. We had taken my son (almost 5) to see Wreck It Ralph, which he's been wanting to see for weeks. As always, I read reviews online and looked at Common Sense Media to see if there was any cause for concern. DH and I agreed that this one seemed fine.

Turns out, it wasn't. :-/ Poor guy, he got upset pretty early on in the movie and never really recovered. So we decided to leave about 45 minutes into it. When we got home this evening, he turned out to have a fever... So I'm thinking that he was actually more sick than scared, but who knows for sure? He went right to bed and fell asleep instantly, so hopefully tomorrow is a better day. Either way, I sure wish that I had planned today differently -- I'm definitely having a guilty evening. :-(

Have you ever left a movie early?

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eoewan
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Dh and I left the movie "Sherlock Holmes" the first one...we both thought it was terrible...guess we are traditionalists when it comes to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle literature...we thought that the movie made Holmes seem like a buffoon....we never did go see the second movie.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:42 AM

We went to see Scary Movie with the IL's when it came out... we ALL walked out as it was soooo awful..

I hope N feels better soon!!! We took the girls to see Wreck it Ralph last Sunday and they LOVED it! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:53 AM
It makes me feel better that you took the girls... N and Karli are the same age. I felt so guilty for taking him, but at this point I'm pretty sure it was just him not feeling well.

I was supposed to teach kids' church today, but instead we're going to curl up on the couch and rest.

Quoting mcginnisc:

We went to see Scary Movie with the IL's when it came out... we ALL walked out as it was soooo awful..

I hope N feels better soon!!! We took the girls to see Wreck it Ralph last Sunday and they LOVED it! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I have to admit that we really enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes movies... Even though they are far from traditional, and I really loved the stories growing up! I actually went back and reread several of the stories after the first movie.

But I can certainly see how you would dislike it if you are big on traditional Holmes! The second one was very similar in style, so it's good that you skipped it. Do you feel the same about the other Sherlock reinterpretations that are out right now, like the BBC version?

Quoting eoewan:

Dh and I left the movie "Sherlock Holmes" the first one...we both thought it was terrible...guess we are traditionalists when it comes to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle literature...we thought that the movie made Holmes seem like a buffoon....we never did go see the second movie.

msjoecool
by Crissy on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM
I think the only movie I walked out of was LA Story. Was that the one with SJP and Steve Martin? I feel like I walked out of the first Naked Gun too, but I don't remember.
Opie99
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I was 5, fox and the hound. I flipped out and couldn't stop crying because they can't be friends. We all had the leave and it took like an hour after to calm down.

That movie wasn't allowed in my parents house after that, nor will it be in mine. :)
teaguen
by teaguen on Nov. 13, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Steve Martin must have made a few rotten eggs - I had never walked out of a movie and Pennies from Heaven was so bad - we lasted about 35 minutes and could not handle it.  Have not walked out of any movie since.  Sorry Steve - loved you in the Jerk.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM

no not a movie, but we have had to leave dinner because of a 3 yr old melt down.. on our own accord. I can't say the same for my SIL, she was asked to leave by mgt.

Dominosmommy
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I left Paranormal Activity 1 because I felt like I had been gipped out of $8.50. I went to see "the scariest movie of all time" and wound up laughing so hard at everything that the people in the theater were shushing me.

Vhx
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I rage-left the Bourne Identity, must have been around 10 years ago now. I'm a fan of Ludlum and I spent the whole half of the movie I saw picking out the 10,000 divergences from the book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)