Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Ot: Black Friday shopping anyone??

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM
  • 14 Replies

Will you be heading to the stores (or your computer) to shop?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Not I!

I have done some Black Friday shopping in the past... Usually later in the day on Friday, because I don't go for big ticket items. But we won't be near any stores this year, and my in-laws don't really go for that sort of thing.

KLove_Mom
by Kara on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I'll probably check out deals on the computer... especially Amazon, but definitely not going out. I might have to hit the grocery store, but that's it.

meam4444
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:32 PM
I love amazon's lightening deals!

Quoting KLove_Mom:

I'll probably check out deals on the computer... especially Amazon, but definitely not going out. I might have to hit the grocery store, but that's it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Yea I never go for the big ticket items.,,but I will go out early to get a better selection of items :)

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Not I!

I have done some Black Friday shopping in the past... Usually later in the day on Friday, because I don't go for big ticket items. But we won't be near any stores this year, and my in-laws don't really go for that sort of thing.

meam4444
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I may go to an outlet center an hour away but not sue since I'm exhausted this week with sick kids.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Oh no, I hope they feel better soon!

Quoting meam4444:

I may go to an outlet center an hour away but not sue since I'm exhausted this week with sick kids.

jen1130
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I saw this topic on the this that posts random topics for everyone. And I thought it was silly that the poster called people who go idiots:( so I shared that my son Tyler last year called me to te me that Utah has this cool sale called Black Friday and he went and got an Xbox 360 and 48inch tv for $400 or $500. He was 21 and works hard for his money....was living on his own paying his way....I am getting bashed for it by 1 poster!!!! My kids are spoiled and lazy blah blah......
So I will say yes with 7 kids and DH and 2 grand kids and the donations I do for CPS I will go this year. It's been about 6 years since I had done it. Tyler is getting the 5 kids an Xbox to share and DH and I are getting them the 50 inch tv ( hopefully ) from target.
meam4444
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Oh goodness.  I saw that post too.  I am sorry you got bashed.  I say more power to you to save some money! Happy shopping! 

I have a lot of nieces and nephews (and siblings) and it saves a bundle by shopping that day.  Plus, call me odd, but I love the crowds!  I guess the stores which I have went in the past (walmart, best buy, kohls, etc...), everyone has been pretty nice and courteous. 

Quoting jen1130:

I saw this topic on the this that posts random topics for everyone. And I thought it was silly that the poster called people who go idiots:( so I shared that my son Tyler last year called me to te me that Utah has this cool sale called Black Friday and he went and got an Xbox 360 and 48inch tv for $400 or $500. He was 21 and works hard for his money....was living on his own paying his way....I am getting bashed for it by 1 poster!!!! My kids are spoiled and lazy blah blah......
So I will say yes with 7 kids and DH and 2 grand kids and the donations I do for CPS I will go this year. It's been about 6 years since I had done it. Tyler is getting the 5 kids an Xbox to share and DH and I are getting them the 50 inch tv ( hopefully ) from target.

Malley
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM
I have in the past. I went super early to get in and out. No plans to this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ljnnmommy
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Oh yes it's tradition! Indo both;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN