Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Staying at home or going somewhere for Thanksgiving??

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • 27 Replies

What are your plans this Thanksgiving?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Malley
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Staying home. I'm off all week and my plans were to do major housework which David is doing his level best to thwart. My house is T-totally trashed from him this morning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feralkitten
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM

i live in scotland we dont have thanks giving but i think what you tea on thanks givin is what we eat on xmas lol

KLove_Mom
by Kara on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Staying home, with in-laws coming in on Thursday... we're actually having our Turkey feast on Friday.

AND THEN, Saturday my husband and I are taking off on Saturday for our 10th anniversary trip to Riviera Maya... so excited. And thankful to have in-laws I can trust with the kids for 6 days.

Kellyjude1
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM

We will be having Thanksgiving at our home.  This year will be hard as my dad has passed away, this will be the first Thanksgiving without him.  Holidays will be hard, but we each know he lives within our hearts. As we gather around the dining room table I can't help but look over to where my dad loved to sit right next to the pellet stove, and remember all the years we were blessed to have him.  Just glad to be surrounded by family and my son always helps to keep joy, laughter and love in our hearts.  So thankful to still be blessed with my mom who suffered 2 strokes.  Just looking forward to gathering around the table and be thankful for all of our blessings. 

meam4444
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Enjoy your week off!!  I hope David allows to you to get a little bit done.  :) 

Quoting Malley:

Staying home. I'm off all week and my plans were to do major housework which David is doing his level best to thwart. My house is T-totally trashed from him this morning.

meam4444
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:14 PM

That's right!  We basically celebrate it as a day to give thanks--it is a good family day with a good meal (similar to Christmas minus the presents).  :)

Quoting feralkitten:

i live in scotland we dont have thanks giving but i think what you tea on thanks givin is what we eat on xmas lol

meam4444
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM

How exciting!!!  You will have to let us know how your trip went!!  And, happy anniversary!!  My husband and I almost went down there for a vacation, but we decided to go to Italy instead...and I was happy we chose such because our trip was while the swine flu was going on a few years back.  Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Quoting KLove_Mom:

Staying home, with in-laws coming in on Thursday... we're actually having our Turkey feast on Friday.

AND THEN, Saturday my husband and I are taking off on Saturday for our 10th anniversary trip to Riviera Maya... so excited. And thankful to have in-laws I can trust with the kids for 6 days.

meam4444
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how hard it is.  My husband's mother, who lived right next to us, passed away a little over a year ago.  We still have difficult times at holidays and such.  I know my FIL is having a especially hard time lately.  (((hugs)))  We try to focus on the blessings which we have too.  more  ((hugs))

Quoting Kellyjude1:

We will be having Thanksgiving at our home.  This year will be hard as my dad has passed away, this will be the first Thanksgiving without him.  Holidays will be hard, but we each know he lives within our hearts. As we gather around the dining room table I can't help but look over to where my dad loved to sit right next to the pellet stove, and remember all the years we were blessed to have him.  Just glad to be surrounded by family and my son always helps to keep joy, laughter and love in our hearts.  So thankful to still be blessed with my mom who suffered 2 strokes.  Just looking forward to gathering around the table and be thankful for all of our blessings. 

meam4444
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM

We are heading to my FIL's house for dinner which is near our home.  So, we don't have to travel far.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Poconos,pa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)