Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Hi Everyone :) Just starting the Fostering process with future plans to adopt

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi,

So glad that my friend told me about this site!! Already I have seen such great input and information. We are just starting the process and do not even have a foster child yet. I am trying to educate myself and learn as much as possible for this journey.

I'm very excited, yet nervous and scared. No biological children of our own. I have several health issues that prevent me from a pregnancy at this time. Regardless, of if I had my own, I always wanted to adopt. 

I feel that I am as ready as I can be for this and will take it as it comes. :)

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! This is a great group for both support and advice. :-)

My husband and I adopted our son after fostering him for two years, and we also had a foster son successfully reunify. Where are you at in the licensing process?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dolldoctor76
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 9:50 PM

We are at the very beginning, getting ready to do the classes etc. Been thinking about it for years. Finally decided to do it. My husband and I have been together for 7 years, but just got married on Saint Patricks Day this past March. 

coucou
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

congratulatios! you are embarking on an amazing journey. it can be tough and uncertain at times, but the child that is meant to complete your family will come to you. we went through some heartache, but now that we are on the other side of it,i know that every step along the way both joyous and sad was meant to be. 

dolldoctor76
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Thank you. :) I know that it will not be easy. However nothing in life worth having ever is. As with everything else, will take it one day at a time.

coucou
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

one thing i learned along the way is that knowlege is key but sometimes hard to come by. ask a ton of questions at every step of the way even if you feel you are being annoying. there are so many entities involved in the foster system and it is up to you to get what you need for you and your child even in these early stages when you do not have a little one yet. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM
One day at a time is truly the best way to deal with foster parenting. There are so many things beyond our control, and many unknowns. Sometimes focusing on just what today brings is the best way to cope with it all.

Quoting dolldoctor76:

Thank you. :) I know that it will not be easy. However nothing in life worth having ever is. As with everything else, will take it one day at a time.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Dec. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Welcome to the group! Congrats on taking this exciting journey! We are International adoption parents ourselves so unfortunately, I have no advice for you...just well wishes!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

meam4444
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN