Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old are you and your adopted kids?

Posted by   + Show Post

What age were you when you adopted them? What made you make that decision?

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Replies (31-35):
holland0226
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I am 41 and my husband is 39, we traveled to the Philippines this summer to pick up our 5 year-old daughter. We have guardianship but have to wait for 6 months and 3 more home studies to be able to apply for adoption. We hope to finalize early this summer. We have been waiting for 3 1/2 years to adopt from the Philippines and she has slight developmental delays but is otherwise healthy!

seaniesmommie87
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I turned 25 this year and my husband turned 33. Our daughter will be 1 on Tuesday. We actually got to bring her home last year, the day before my husbands 33rd birthday. This has been the best year of our lives!

sak9645i
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I'm 67 and my daughter is 17.  I was 51 when I adopted her from China, and she was 18.5 months old at the time.  Becca will go off to college in the Fall, and our woolly dog and I will miss her terribly, but it is time for her to try her wings as an adult.

Sharon

singlemotherof8
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I am 58 and my granddaughter is 8. I have had her sense birth but her mother asked me about adopting her a year before i finally decided to do it. She was 3 when we did it. Her mother's work was the reason for it besides she wasn't ready either to do it herself. She sees her mother but the bonding never really happened.

Kymma
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I was 37, my husband was 42.  Our daughter is now 14.  I had a primal desire to be a mother and to have a positive impact in the life of a child that was broader than my experiences as Auntie. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)