Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Preparing for the Adoption Call

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Kelly, and I am, as they say, paper pregnant. Recently I was very close to being matched with a baby, and it has me thinking about some items I may need to purchase before that call comes, as the baby could already be born, and I could have to leave immediately. So, for starters, I am looking for a good Travel System. Particularly interested in ones that are light enough and easy enough to fold and put away on my own. I thought some other single moms would have good suggestions. Thanks for your help!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aprilz1225
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

i got the metal frame only stroller (had a infant seat already) it is very light weight and one hand operational. i love it folds down flat! it is good for the airport. Fits in my hatch-back-of a car very well. I found that the big bulky ones my have more storage in the basket but clunky for the airport. it cost about 80n bucks at baby's are us.

lilsweetpea708
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:58 PM
No travel system way to big and bulky. A snap and go as Aprilz has suggested is the way to go. Of course you will need a car seat, which like she said fits into the snap n go. If you are traveling, especially by plane pack very light. Get diapers and wipes when you get where you're going. Babies need very little in the beginning a few outfits, onsies and blankets nd your good. The hospital will usually give you some formula and diapers to get you started. When we traveled we bought the nursette bottles from bbrus, no washing bottles. Also if you need a hotel, extended stay places are great, they have kitchens and washer and dryers. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I never used a travel system. I didn't like the idea of putting the car seat into the stroller, then back into the car etc. I usually left the carseat in the car and wore baby in a carrier, carried baby, or put baby directly into the stroller.

meam4444
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I have a graco travel system which has worked well.  With my last baby, I started using an Ergo carrier which my lil guy liked a lot better than the car seat.  But, I def. have to say the travel systems do work slick.  I know at one time, Graco had made a lightweight system.  I just have a regular one (and a double one) which aren't too bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)