Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lego Set #6

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm just sitting down with my son to do our sixth Lego set since Christmas! And somehow we still have a couple more after this...

What Christmas presents have your kids been playing with this week?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilz1225
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM

sweet!!!!  and the addiction begins...lol... i don't think i need ot answer what we all have been playing with..

SarahSuzyQ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Lol, I figured as much! We're actually on year 2 of Lego obsession, but now all the extended family is on board... I might drown in Legos! Did Conner get any particularly exciting sets this year?

Quoting aprilz1225:

sweet!!!!  and the addiction begins...lol... i don't think i need ot answer what we all have been playing with..

eoewan
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Nye loves his new bathtub toys he got...some haven't even made it to the tub cos he loves playing with them I didn't have the heart to take them up yet.

The grandkids got LEGO for Christmas and ds said that's all they've been playing with too.

Nye has the Lord of the Rings sets and Hobbit sets up in my closet waiting till he is old enough. I bought them now cos by the time he is old enough LEGO will have discontinued the sets. Wish I would have thought of it when the Harry Potter sets were out but alas, they have been discontinued now.

SarahSuzyQ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I actually did the same thing with the set above, it was being discontinued this summer and I purchased it on clearance! I knew he wanted a General Grievous set, and we just lucked out to see this before they were gone. 

have heard that brickpicker.com is the best place to look for fair prices on discontinued sets... I know there are some Star Wars sets N will want one day, but I'll wait until he asks himself. For now the newer sets are keeping him very happy.

P.S. Aren't bath toys the best? Playing at bath time has always been one of N's favorite activities. :) So sweet.

Quoting eoewan:

Nye loves his new bathtub toys he got...some haven't even made it to the tub cos he loves playing with them I didn't have the heart to take them up yet.

The grandkids got LEGO for Christmas and ds said that's all they've been playing with too.

Nye has the Lord of the Rings sets and Hobbit sets up in my closet waiting till he is old enough. I bought them now cos by the time he is old enough LEGO will have discontinued the sets. Wish I would have thought of it when the Harry Potter sets were out but alas, they have been discontinued now.

mcginnisc
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Karli got a LeapPad2 from her Grands, so she has been plugged in for a week straight. I'm okay with it as it is helping her with her alphabet tremendously already. She has also played with her Doc McStuffins dolls that her Grandmother gave her. 

Lilly got science things- a microscope, telescope, lava lamp, ant farm ( ants are on the way now), and a bike...sadly, she has not gotten to use the telescope or the bike as it's been raining..boo. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Vhx
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Ahh! I envy you, Sarah! oDD never got into Lego and yDD is still a bit too little. Love Lego.

My oDD has been all about the snowboard. She and DH went up to the mountains yesterday and had a great time. Left at 6am and got back at 8pm, and my impossible to exhaust child dropped like a rock, hehe!

yDD and I have been playing with Violet (Leapfrog) all day. She's loving her Violet and learning tons of words and names for things too! She also loves her play kitchen and I think I've "eaten" my weight in plastic fruit and cookies today!

Vhx
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Ant farms are awesome!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Karli got a LeapPad2 from her Grands, so she has been plugged in for a week straight. I'm okay with it as it is helping her with her alphabet tremendously already. She has also played with her Doc McStuffins dolls that her Grandmother gave her. 

Lilly got science things- a microscope, telescope, lava lamp, ant farm ( ants are on the way now), and a bike...sadly, she has not gotten to use the telescope or the bike as it's been raining..boo. 

aprilz1225
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Starwars is his favorite, but he loved going thru all the ones in the rubbermaid containers and the alien set that spins, lights up and makes sounds.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Lol, I figured as much! We're actually on year 2 of Lego obsession, but now all the extended family is on board... I might drown in Legos! Did Conner get any particularly exciting sets this year?

Quoting aprilz1225:

SarahSuzyQ
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Do you think yDD would be into Duplos? They make all kinds of sets now, including the storybooks that come with blocks and help you build certain things... Wonder if that could be a language learning opportunity? :-)

I, on the other hand, envy your DH hitting the slopes with a kiddo in tow. I'm really hoping this is the year I can finally take N skiing for the first time!

Quoting Vhx:

Ahh! I envy you, Sarah! oDD never got into Lego and yDD is still a bit too little. Love Lego.

My oDD has been all about the snowboard. She and DH went up to the mountains yesterday and had a great time. Left at 6am and got back at 8pm, and my impossible to exhaust child dropped like a rock, hehe!

yDD and I have been playing with Violet (Leapfrog) all day. She's loving her Violet and learning tons of words and names for things too! She also loves her play kitchen and I think I've "eaten" my weight in plastic fruit and cookies today!

Vhx
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We actually got some Duplos for Christmas, but immediately put them in a box. They're already on their way to the new house :(, but the good news is they'll be there right when we get to our new place so she can have something to do. I think she'll love them and indeed they'll be a great learning tool.

Ahh! I could die of cuteness at little kids on skiis. I hope you have fun teaching your LO, crossed fingers for snow enough!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Do you think yDD would be into Duplos? They make all kinds of sets now, including the storybooks that come with blocks and help you build certain things... Wonder if that could be a language learning opportunity? :-)

I, on the other hand, envy your DH hitting the slopes with a kiddo in tow. I'm really hoping this is the year I can finally take N skiing for the first time!

Quoting Vhx:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)