Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Adopting 3 month old at 42... Anyone else my age? First time mom from PA

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:07 AM
Replies (41-45):
Tresmom10
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:55 PM

My son came to live with us when I had just turned 40 at 43 his adoption was final.He is 10 and I am 50..I would like to do it again .You are never to old to love a child

Reina67
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I adopted my 1st at 41 and my youngest at43. They were both only days old.
AmiB024
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Hi everyone!  My name is Ami and I'm new to both the site and the group.  I'm 44 years old..my husband older, and I have been trying for over 10 years to get pregnant - with more than our share of heartaches - we were able to get pregnant but miscarried every time!  When I was very young - still in college, my fiance (now husband) and I found out we were pregnant.  We had just graduated and opted not to go through with the pregnancy.  Until recently we thought the miscarriages were some kind of punishment but the doctor thinks I might have miscarried then too.  Well, we decided to adopt a little of a year ago and we are now the proud parents of a beautiful (now 6 mos) little girl.  She's an absolute blessing!   

We ended up enduring a full circle of life...after only 3 days of bringing her home, my father was admitted into the hospital after a routine check up and then passed away only 3 weeks later.  The tragedy, the pain, the sadness and the anger was managed all with the love of our daughter (she also helped my mother through these very difficult times).  So when I say she's a blessing - she's truly a blessing!  Thats all my father every wanted for us - to have a family of our own and at least he was able to meet her - albeit for a very short while.  

We also endured 2 failed adoptions but for those of you just going through the process - please hang in there - no matter what!  I promise you - the baby that is meant to be part of your forever family will select you - and the wait - while emotionally very hard (I won't lie) is worth it!  And it's support groups like these that will be here for you!  I didn't think to join one while going through the process as I had quite a few friends who are adoptive parents but I'm glad I finally did.  Thank you all for allowing me to write such a long diatribe :)

TB42
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Loving all these posts. And more importantly love to hear from so many older moms. I apologize for not beeing in contact and reponding to you individually. I'm a busy working mom over here. Still getting into my routine. :) Who is from Pennsylvania? And where in PA ? Found a few moms near Pittsburgh and Philly. would love to get a group of us together sometime. I'm in Reading, which is rigth outside Phily. Can't wait to hear from you all! Tracie B

lorial58
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Yep.  According to my youngest child's birth certificate I had her when I was 44.  I like being an older Mom.  I have more patience than I did with my bio children and I'm strictly a "pick your battles" kind of mom this time.  I may not be able to run around like an idiot like I did with the other kids but we still have lots of fun.  You'll be a great Mom.  I always recommend the book Love and Logic to first time parents especially if they're bringing home a child from social services who may have some alcohol or drug exposure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN