Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

QOTD 1/14

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM
  • 15 Replies
Alright ladies, fess up... Do you have any loud or exciting sleep habits? Do you snore, sleep walk, talk in your sleep...?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM

i play with my hair in my fingers. My mom said i have been doing that since i was a baby. and my feet MUST have the blankets folder over them.

megs2boys
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I don't think so! I do sometimes rock to sleep like just curl up on my side and rock muself, i dont even realize im doing it until my husband mentions im making him "sea sick". He on the other hand, is a very wild sleeper. I have woken up with a red face from an elbow, or a knee to the stomach, we need a bigger bed! 

KLove_Mom
by Kara on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:17 AM

When I'm stressed about something I talk in my sleep... my college roommate complained my whole senior year that I would write computer programs out loud. 

And when I was pregnant I actually slept in the guest room for the last 6 weeks, cause I snored so badly. 

eoewan
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:06 AM

My only sleep habit is to rub my feet together until I fall asleep. This drives dh crazy. It's like hearing sandpaper non-stop - dh's words. lol   If I lie down on the couch and dh starts rubbing my feet I'm asleep instantly.

bekalynne440
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I talk in my sleep.  Sometimes its actual words and sometimes just mumbling sounds. 

When I'm over tired, others have trouble knowing if I'm awake when trying to wake me.  DH will wake me up and I'll say something like "I'm awake.  I'm getting up right now."  I say it very clearly and sometimes with my eyes open, but I'm not truly awake.  I never have any recollection of it.  It used to drive my mom nuts when I was in high school.  A couple of times its been a safety issue.  A few weeks ago DH said we had a small conversation and at the end I told him I was getting up.  He said I looked right at him when I said it, then he left for church worship practice.  I was actually still sleeping and have no recollection of him ever waking me up.  I was supposed to be watching our 2 kids.  I woke up an hour later to them pounding on things.  We now have a system in place to make sure that if I need to be awake I'm truly awake.

harmony7
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Sleep? What sleep? I am in menopause...and only hot flashes at night....

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Vhx
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I don't, but DH talks in his sleep. I can't understand it because it's all in German, but it sounds pretty elaborate. I can recognize words here and there and there actually seems to be sentence structure. He doesn't believe me, I'm going to have to get it on video one of these days, but every time I get up to get the camera, he wakes up.

meam4444
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I always need my feet covered at night. When I was little I always thought the monsters would come up and touch them so I covered them with my blankets. And, it's always stuck.
meam4444
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Lol mine talks all the time too! His milds well be another language too--one time I did understand him talking about a school bus lol

Quoting Vhx:

I don't, but DH talks in his sleep. I can't understand it because it's all in German, but it sounds pretty elaborate. I can recognize words here and there and there actually seems to be sentence structure. He doesn't believe me, I'm going to have to get it on video one of these days, but every time I get up to get the camera, he wakes up.

DJAKoala
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:58 PM
If I fall asleep on my back , I will snore and talk in my sleep. My husband has fun with me and tries to carry on a conversation. When I am stressed or anxious , I swear and swing in my sleep. I have to have the covers over my head.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)