Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Amazed how fast little ones learn...

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 15 Replies

Nye is 11 days shy of 11 months old. Yesterday I was changing Nye's nappy and he asked  "doing?". Of course I answered him but was surprised.  I guess he picked this up because I ask him "what are you doing?" and then answer for him throughout the day. Everyday it seems he is learning new things.

What has your little ones learnt that you are surprised about?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy76
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I love it when they are just learning to talk! My 4yr DD is learning the art of sarcasm. DH was walking into the living room and somehow managed to spill the drink he was carrying. DD looked right at him and very casually said "really daddy" then followed it up with "now who do you think is going to clean that up" it was a proud moment for me. LOL!!!!

Mystres
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I dont think it is me as much as others.  Ladybug is 5 months old, and we had her standing in a walker.  We posted a pic on Face book of this and people were amazed that she could stand in the walker. 

~~~~~~~
Find out about our adoption at our Facebook blog.
http://www.facebook.com/MJAdoptionBlog

In 2011 we decided to adopt.
In 2012 we got to take home our Lady Bug
Now in 2013 we will finalize our adoption.

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM

well wehn little guy was big enough to sit in a high chair.. we took him to meet family on the other side of the states. he would refused to hold his own bottle.. so he learned to tip it over and lean his head down to drink it. no joke i will try to post it some time.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:00 AM
That is precious! I love those early talking stages.

We had a freak warm spell this week, so I took N out to ride his scooter around the block yesterday. Of his own accord he propped his second foot up on the scooter and cruised right down the hill. Never done that before! He also seems to be much taller than the last time we rode this thing. Somehow my little boy has become big enough that we need to buy a two-wheeled razor style scooter! When did this happen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eoewan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

That is precious! I love those early talking stages.

We had a freak warm spell this week, so I took N out to ride his scooter around the block yesterday. Of his own accord he propped his second foot up on the scooter and cruised right down the hill. Never done that before! He also seems to be much taller than the last time we rode this thing. Somehow my little boy has become big enough that we need to buy a two-wheeled razor style scooter! When did this happen?

they grow so fast

eoewan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Quoting aprilz1225:

well wehn little guy was big enough to sit in a high chair.. we took him to meet family on the other side of the states. he would refused to hold his own bottle.. so he learned to tip it over and lean his head down to drink it. no joke i will try to post it some time.

little ones are such funny little monkeys!

eoewan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Quoting Jessy76:

I love it when they are just learning to talk! My 4yr DD is learning the art of sarcasm. DH was walking into the living room and somehow managed to spill the drink he was carrying. DD looked right at him and very casually said "really daddy" then followed it up with "now who do you think is going to clean that up" it was a proud moment for me. LOL!!!!

lol...poor daddy...can't catch a break...a girl after her mummy's heart!

eoewan
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Quoting Mystres:

I dont think it is me as much as others.  Ladybug is 5 months old, and we had her standing in a walker.  We posted a pic on Face book of this and people were amazed that she could stand in the walker. 

isn't that the truth...people are always surprised that a little one grows and develops...lol

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Quoting eoewan:

Quoting aprilz1225:

little ones are such funny little monkeys!

i know! lo

Vhx
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Ahh, we've realised this week that we're going to have to start watching our language around LO :o

We realised this at the exact moment when she didn't like the thought of coming indoors, put her hands on her hips and said in this entirely too preteen-like tone, "Sucks!" then dragged her feet inside.

The worst part is, my 9 year old never says that. DH doesn't either... guess who does?

I consider it a major accomplishment that she's been home and speaking English all of 5 weeks and still doesn't know a single swear, heh. She's picking up on everything else so quickly though, it's only a matter of time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)