Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazed how fast little ones learn...

Posted by   + Show Post

Nye is 11 days shy of 11 months old. Yesterday I was changing Nye's nappy and he asked  "doing?". Of course I answered him but was surprised.  I guess he picked this up because I ask him "what are you doing?" and then answer for him throughout the day. Everyday it seems he is learning new things.

What has your little ones learnt that you are surprised about?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Replies (11-15):
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Ooh, that adds a whole other dimension to language learning...

Quoting Vhx:

Ahh, we've realised this week that we're going to have to start watching our language around LO :o

We realised this at the exact moment when she didn't like the thought of coming indoors, put her hands on her hips and said in this entirely too preteen-like tone, "Sucks!" then dragged her feet inside.

The worst part is, my 9 year old never says that. DH doesn't either... guess who does?

I consider it a major accomplishment that she's been home and speaking English all of 5 weeks and still doesn't know a single swear, heh. She's picking up on everything else so quickly though, it's only a matter of time.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Opie99
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:43 PM

USING THE POTTY!!!! I was shocked. Jax is only 19 months old, but he is totally interested in the big potty so I got him a little potty. He sat on it right away. Today he took off his diaper, pull the potty to my mom, tried to get it open but peed on the floor when he couldn't. I'm still amazed and very proud. 

CafeMom Tickers
eoewan
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Quoting Opie99:

USING THE POTTY!!!! I was shocked. Jax is only 19 months old, but he is totally interested in the big potty so I got him a little potty. He sat on it right away. Today he took off his diaper, pull the potty to my mom, tried to get it open but peed on the floor when he couldn't. I'm still amazed and very proud. 

That is super! It is time for a big boy potty party!

When I was reading your post I was surprised by your ds's name - it's not at all common. Our youngest grandchild is named Jax too. Great name!

eoewan
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Quoting Vhx:

Ahh, we've realised this week that we're going to have to start watching our language around LO :o

We realised this at the exact moment when she didn't like the thought of coming indoors, put her hands on her hips and said in this entirely too preteen-like tone, "Sucks!" then dragged her feet inside.

The worst part is, my 9 year old never says that. DH doesn't either... guess who does?

I consider it a major accomplishment that she's been home and speaking English all of 5 weeks and still doesn't know a single swear, heh. She's picking up on everything else so quickly though, it's only a matter of time.

Isn't it so amazing that in 5 short weeks your dd has been able to communicate in English words - I'm sure some swears will be following shortly. j/k  It's a good example of what necessity facilitates.

knkd
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:51 AM

When we got our little guy about 6 months ago, he'd just turned 2 years old.  He didn't talk at all.  now he talks in full sentences, knows all his colors, shapes, etc.  It's amazing how far he's come in half a year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)