Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

We Have A Date!! UPDATE!

Posted by   + Show Post

The lawyer called and told us that we finaly have a date to finalize our adoption! YAY!

Febrruary 25, 2013!

Holly will be 11 days past her first birthday and we are all so excited! It seems so long to wait when we have already waited almost a year. giving dad cardhugging

Well suprise! We recieved a call from the SW in Missouri and as soon as we can get our HS updated, the state of CA will be sending Holly's 2 sibs to us for ADOPTION! They are almost 3 and 4, so this moma is going to be crazy! SW said that the adoption should be final within 6 months as CA will tpr in March. It is urgent that we get the HS finished asap because LO's are in a short term home and they dont want to have to move them any where but to us. CA will fly them to MO so we don't have to make another trip out there!confused

Drk2040have a nice day

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Replies (11-16):
drk2040
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:46 PM

We met the LO's last Feb when Holly was born. Their parents were doing good at that time and it was assumed that they would be able to parent 2, which is why they decided to volintarly give us Holly. Unfortunaly 72 hrs from having their cps case closed the parents messed up... not bad, but they did not follow the rules and the judge is not willing to give them another chance. Their case has been open almose 31/2 years. LG is 2 and will be 3 in April and LB is 3 and will be 4 in March.

The mother of these children is my adopted daughter and I can't allow 2 more of my grandchildren to be lost into the great unknown . :-(   Her 2 oldest were adopted out of foster care while we were in the process of moving from CA to MO and when the adoption was final the new parents decided that they wanted no further contact with ANY of the birthfamily, including 2 1/2 sibs that had been raised with eachother. I have made peace with this by keeping them all in our daily prayers, but it is still another loss for the children who had already lost to much!

Anyway, we are looking forward to LO's arrivel in the next few weeks if everything goes OK!  Hubby quit cigars when I told him he had to be around for another 25 years (at least) :-)) 

Drk2040have a nice day

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

that is sooo awesome! you will be able to finnalize via sype? we were going to be able to if our's would have gone thru. too cool!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Wow, you guys sound like amazing parents and grandparents. I remember reading before about having to decide whether to let the oldest kids be adopted by the foster family, and how difficult that was. I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter continues to struggle... :( But glad that you can keep these kiddos together in a healthy and permanent situation. Prayers to all of you over the coming months as you adjust to the new shape and size of family life.

GL to your DH with kicking his cigar habit! :)

Quoting drk2040:

We met the LO's last Feb when Holly was born. Their parents were doing good at that time and it was assumed that they would be able to parent 2, which is why they decided to volintarly give us Holly. Unfortunaly 72 hrs from having their cps case closed the parents messed up... not bad, but they did not follow the rules and the judge is not willing to give them another chance. Their case has been open almose 31/2 years. LG is 2 and will be 3 in April and LB is 3 and will be 4 in March.

The mother of these children is my adopted daughter and I can't allow 2 more of my grandchildren to be lost into the great unknown . :-(   Her 2 oldest were adopted out of foster care while we were in the process of moving from CA to MO and when the adoption was final the new parents decided that they wanted no further contact with ANY of the birthfamily, including 2 1/2 sibs that had been raised with eachother. I have made peace with this by keeping them all in our daily prayers, but it is still another loss for the children who had already lost to much!

Anyway, we are looking forward to LO's arrivel in the next few weeks if everything goes OK!  Hubby quit cigars when I told him he had to be around for another 25 years (at least) :-)) 

drk2040
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Thanks! Prayers are always appreciated!

Our household is large already so adding 2 more will make 12! our kidos will be 3, 4yrs and under!

Drk2040have a nice day

maggiemom2000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:32 PM

What great and exciting news! Congratulations!

VladimirsMama
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:31 AM

That is very exciting !!!! :) 

Comgrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN