Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Welcome to the Adoptive Moms group! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 191 Replies
6 moms liked this

Hi,

Thank you for joining Adoptive Moms!

This is a great place for moms to share advice, ask questions, and find support relating to adoption and raising adoptive children.

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayKelly

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kbagz
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello my name is Kathleen, Kat for short

Cafe Kelly
by Head Admin on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Welome to the group!

Quoting Kbagz:

Hello my name is Kathleen, Kat for short

PaulaWowee
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this

Good Afternoon, My Name is Natasha Clark. I am an artist using my are to bring awareness to adoption

7-blessings
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:11 PM
7 moms liked this

Hi my name is Jaymie, I am the proud mom of 7 adopted children!  I have 4 girls and 3 boys, work from home as the Interstate Adoptions Director for a private agency in Florida.  I home school my 5 school aged children and am working on finishing my BA degree.  I love reading your posts and enjoy sharing my adoption experiences.

Laura.L
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello!

My name is Laura & I am the mother of two boys, 3.5 & 1.5. We adopted both boys from foster care in November 2012.
ThriftyWife
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Vicky.  I am a licensed foster care provider for our county, I am also the mom of four grown children and one adorable 18 month old that we recently adopted from foster care.  Glad to meet you all :)

JaneSpeed
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi everyone,

My husband Marc and I are on an open adoption journey. Our profile goes "live" with IAC this coming week! I've just joined the Adoption Moms group to learn from and be inspired by all of you. You can view our new website here:

http://www.iheartadoption.org/users/pauletteandmarc

Paulette (a.k.a. JaneSpeed my Avenger name :)

AllAboutKeeley
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi, my name is Lynn.  DH and I adopted our daughter as an infant almost 7 years ago.  Adoption is open with 5 visits a year and (so far only) cards in between.  We are currently going through a transition in our OA and additional opinions and support is a good thing right now!

Kymma
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Greetings.  I'm Kymma and have the honor of being Mom to a spirited, brave and determined 14 year old girl.  We have a fully open adoption with her natural family, including mom, aunts & uncles, cousins and her older and younger siblings.

Capt.obvious
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi there! My name is Jordan, I am the mother of one biological child, a son, who is almost 7. My husband and I tried to get pregnant for 4  years before we finally had success with our son. We have currently been trying for baby #2 for almost 4 years now. We had been tossing around the idea of adoption for awhile now, but we recently decided to do it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)