Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

Welcome to the Adoptive Moms group! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining Adoptive Moms!

This is a great place for moms to share advice, ask questions, and find support relating to adoption and raising adoptive children.

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayKelly

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Replies (181-185):
janasmith233
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Hello. I am in the process of adopting my sister's son. Its a very long story. My nephew/son is due august 6. My sister is set on the adoption but the bio father is another story.... we are scared they will change thier mind which they have every right to do so. I am lost on how to feel. We have a six year old son and he's the only boy on either side and hes been begging for a baby.brother for two years now. Either way this baby will be loved as either a son or nephew. If anyone has adopted from a sibling i would love to hear your story. I am scared this will cause a rift later in years with.my sis
eliarias
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi, I am Elizabeth.  My husband and I decided not to have biological kids, but instead, we plan to adopt a sibling pair/group (prefer school-aged).  We are just beginning the process and will attend our 1st Orientation session soon.  We want to adopt foster kids because I was a foster kid who was adopted when I was 8 years old, so it is very special to me!  I live in California and am trying to get "real" experiences from othe families in California.  How long did it take for you from start to finish?  How often do kids get placed with a family only to be removed because their birth family came forward to adopt them?  I am so worried about that!  I want a low-risk placement.  Any advice from California adoptive moms?

kasiann4
by New Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 4:35 AM
Hi! My name is Kasi and my partner and I adopted a very handsome medically needy little boy from foster care last year. Zackery is 7 yrs old now. We began our search as soon as Florida made it legal to do so. We technically have a closed adoption but he has a sister being raised by her father in another state that we keep contact with. Thus, bringing about other extended family. I am very lucky in the aspect of they respect boundaries and have no contact with him..just me. I look forward to hearing about all your different experiences.
mum1
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Hi my name is Divia.

I'm currently in the process of adopting three children from foster care. I have ones bio son and am new to the group. I look forward to chatting with you ladies.
msambersled
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi all, 

My name is Amber and I have 2 beautiful boys ages 11 & 7. However My husbad and I are would like to extend our family. I really want to help a child that is this world in need of a loving family. I am perfectly healthy and I am capable of having my own biological child, but this experience would be so much more benefical for a child who needs love, a family, a mother, siblings, father compared to just having my own when there are hundreds of children that need care and love. Just starting this process and doing my research so I decided to join this group. 

Wish me well and I hope to gain alot of helpful insight from other parents who adopted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)