Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adoptive Moms Adoptive Moms

QOTD 1/20

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
Sorry I skipped yesterday... I have spent the weekend working at the camp where I volunteer, so I'm a little AWOL at the moment. Which leads to today's question...

Do you do any volunteer work?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
harmony7
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I volunteer for the wrestling and soccer teams both school and club. I also foster and drive for dog rescues.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
Mweddle
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I used to be a Sunday school teacher or youth at my church but I quit when our lives got so hectic with this adoption.  (so a few months ago)  I'll probably start up again one of these days.  I also worked or a local place called Center for Children and Families but I don't do that anymore.  I would like to find something all of my family could do together.  I think that would be fun.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM
I help with the youth group at my church, too! I just started again this year after a couple of years' hiatus, though... Different times in life have different opportunities for sure.

I really like the idea of volunteering as a family. My son would like to help at the animal shelter together, but he's not quite old enough yet. :-\

Quoting Mweddle:

I used to be a Sunday school teacher or youth at my church but I quit when our lives got so hectic with this adoption.  (so a few months ago)  I'll probably start up again one of these days.  I also worked or a local place called Center for Children and Families but I don't do that anymore.  I would like to find something all of my family could do together.  I think that would be fun.

Mweddle
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM
My youngest is 3 so IDK what we can do really. We will have to find something. I've been looking at some ideas on pinterest for random acts of kindness. I think we will find some of those to do.
Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

I help with the youth group at my church, too! I just started again this year after a couple of years' hiatus, though... Different times in life have different opportunities for sure.

I really like the idea of volunteering as a family. My son would like to help at the animal shelter together, but he's not quite old enough yet. :-\

Quoting Mweddle:

Malley
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I volunteered alot in the past. I sat on the boards of two women's organizations and was very active with both, was a Girl Scout leader for 5 years, and volunteered at church. I haven't done anything since the boys came along, but I hope when they are older I can get involved with something again because I enjoyed it.

MamaEngineer
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Volunteer with Junior's school Parent Teacher Student Organization, volunteer child care in my church's nursery and usually (not this year) judge the regional Future City Competition. FCC is for 7th & 8th graders to design their own city, use presentation skills and write an engineering research paper - all as a team.
dbra
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My availability is somewhat limited with two babies, but I try to do what I can. I may be helping to do a traditions book at our church, and I try to be available for friends.

I just spent last week helping a friend restore old photos and create a memory book for her partner who passed away. What was funny was how my house (and my life) temporarily fell apart for a few days, lol! All my chores went undone so I had to catch up some over the weekend and now this week. I didn't realize how much I do all day!

prior to babies, I did volunteer with community gardens, community leadership and projects, tutoring and art.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I work in the 1 year old room on Sunday mornings at Church, and I'm an AWANA leader on Wednesday nights- I'm the lead teacher now after several years of being an assistant teacher. The lead teacher left this year due to family constraints and I took over for her as well as do all the paperwork for Cubbies. I'm also room mom for both of the kids' classes at school..

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

aprilz1225
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:48 PM

yep church soup kitchen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN